New Thermostatic Shower Valve?

Richard10002

Featured Posts

The TRV on the hot tank on the boat is set high  it's  whatever the temp in the tank is, so hot water is very hot.  C wears rubber gloves and is always complaining at home (where it's set to 55deg) that it's not hot enough😱   I have a TRV on the bathroom basin hot tap on the boat so that I don't scald myself, the kitchen is a mixer tap so washing up can be done in the hottest possible water.  For me not having a thermostatic shower is not an option.

35 minutes ago, Loddon said:

C wears rubber gloves and is always complaining at home (where it's set to 55deg) that it's not hot enough😱

Maybe she's right? I think 60-65 is recommended: >60 to ensure legionella can't survive and <65 to avoid heating water beyond what's economically sensible.

1 minute ago, Sea Dog said:

Maybe she's right? I think 60-65 is recommended: >60 to ensure legionella can't survive and <65 to avoid heating water beyond what's economically sensible.

Tank is at 60+ heated by solar,  tap is at 55 can't sneak it down any lower 🥱

• Haha 1