Thread disappeared?

Featured Posts

I was composing a post for the Politics section, "understanding the rise in channel crossings" but suddenly got an error message. 

2F173/K, "you need 10 posts to access the politics section"

I passed the 10 posts hurdle years back, if a thread has been deleted rather than locked can we be informed . Is it a new server or old mod problem?🤣🤣🤣🤣

3 minutes ago, Jim Riley said:

I was composing a post for the Politics section, "understanding the rise in channel crossings" but suddenly got an error message. 

2F173/K, "you need 10 posts to access the politics section"

I passed the 10 posts hurdle years back, if a thread has been deleted rather than locked can we be informed . Is it a new server or old mod problem?🤣🤣🤣🤣

You are right. Yet all those by the nutter Justin Smith are still there

24 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Maybe technical help requests should be posted here as it's not really a General Boating topic.

https://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/forum/3-technical-account-support/

It could, if I'd known of it's existence. It's also a problem for other posters who were on the thread too though, who wouldn't be aware if it was posted out of the way. 

You will get that error if you try to visit a topic in the Political & Current Affairs forum while not logged in, e.g. as a guest.

However, the topic was hidden by the Moderator team after review as per standard procedure if a topic or post falls foul of the Forum Rules & Guidelines. This is why you will see a different error if you try to access a hidden topic. 

12 hours ago, Feeby100 said:

Yes I like this removed as it not politically correct😀

I'm pleased to say that political incorrectness is not under threat. Peers rip off milions  of quid and stash it away out of the taxman's reach, new coal mines open in the face of a climate catastrophe (owned, of course, by a Cayman based company), MPs go off and earn thousands for eating bugs or giving speeches instead of looking after their constituents - I don't think the sensitive souls of the right (rightwhingers?) have to worry too much!

1 minute ago, Arthur Marshall said:

I'm pleased to say that political incorrectness is not under threat. Peers rip off milions  of quid and stash it away out of the taxman's reach, new coal mines open in the face of a climate catastrophe (owned, of course, by a Cayman based company), MPs go off and earn thousands for eating bugs or giving speeches instead of looking after their constituents - I don't think the sensitive souls of the right (rightwhingers?) have to worry too much!

Bad though all that may be, none of it has anything to do with "political correctness" as a principle applied by the loonie left. Or any political persuasion in fact. 

"Political correctness (adjectivally: politically correct; commonly abbreviated PC) is a term used to describe language,[1][2][3] policies,[4] or measures that are intended to avoid offense or disadvantage to members of particular groups in society.[5][6][7] "

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_correctness

20 minutes ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

When a boy gathering snow to make a snowman, I was told to avoid the yellow bits.  But of course you could say that sort of thing then.

Never eat yellow snow was the warning we were given when skiing or out hiking in the mountains in winter. It was nothing to do with Orientals.

I've no objection to a thread being removed for review, could we just have a message reflecting that, rather than the one we were getting, "too low post count". 

I've no objection to a thread being removed for review, could we just have a message reflecting that, rather than the one we were getting, "too low post count". 

1 hour ago, Paul C said:

Was a message sent to the OP explaining the thread was removed (hidden)?

It would be nice and hopefully helpful if we were eventually told why action had been taken other than "somebody complained".   I sincerely trust a thread isn't terminated/locked/hidden etc merely on the word of one person censoring the forum by complaining.

• Greenie 1

2 minutes ago, Jerra said:

It would be nice and hopefully helpful if we were eventually told why action had been taken other than "somebody complained".   I sincerely trust a thread isn't terminated/locked/hidden etc merely on the word of one person censoring the forum by complaining.

Funny you should voice that.

• Greenie 1