£10 DWP XP

reg

Featured Posts

30 minutes ago, Athy said:

Don't fret, it's estimated that this pension will shoot up by a massive 10% next April.

Yes only if they go for the triple lock, which they ducked this year

Your basic maths tells you that all pensioners were given an eight percent drop in real terms last year, so the ten percent is ten percent of less than it should have been.  Not only that but they chose the inflation from one month, and that month was September, the lowest for inflation .

If you think inflation has not affected people, I just looked at cost of a shampoo and cut in town, two of them charging £76, that's about an hour on the premises.

Edited by LadyG

37 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Your basic maths tells you that all pensioners were given an eight percent drop in real terms last year, so the ten percent is ten percent of less than it should have been. 

That's "basic" maths? I'd hate to meet the advanced variety.

38 minutes ago, LadyG said:

they chose the inflation from one month, and that month was September, the lowest for inflation .

Isn't it always based on the September figure, be that high or low?

39 minutes ago, LadyG said:

If you think inflation has not affected people, I just looked at cost of a shampoo and cut in town, two of them charging £76,

Yes, the cost of my thrice-yearly haircut has just shot up by about 15%, from £6 to £7, though it had remained at £6 for about five years.

50 minutes ago, Athy said:

That's "basic" maths? I'd hate to meet the advanced variety.

Isn't it always based on the September figure, be that high or low?

September is always low because that is when fruit and veg and other foods are cheapest 

Inflation should be an annual calculation if it is to set the pension for a year.

Edited by LadyG

4 minutes ago, LadyG said:

September is always low because that is when fruit and veg and other foods are cheapest 

Luckily for those of us linked to CPI, the basket contents are changed regularly in order to keep pace with modern life. As a result, fruit, veg and other foods are about to be replaced by McDonald's, Just Eat and Deliveroo...

• Haha 3
  • Horror 1

Merry Christmas

On 19/12/2022 at 15:41, LadyG said:

Inflation should be an annual calculation if it is to set the pension for a year.

Inflation is usually a measure of the annual rise in prices. If it's measured from October to September each year then the low price of produce in September is irrelevant.

Without wishing to stray into the political section pensioners have done very well out of the conservative governments of the last 12 years unlike public sector employees.

4 minutes ago, George and Dragon said:

Without wishing to stray into the political section pensioners have done very well out of the conservative governments of the last 12 years unlike public sector employees.

Best you delete this bit then! 

Let me rephrase that.

4 minutes ago, MtB said:

pensioners have done very well out of the conservative governments of the last 12 years unlike public sector employees.

Pensioners have done very well out of the governments of the last 12 years, unlike public sector employees. I'm quite sure it's a complete coincidence that those governments have been led by one particular party.

28 minutes ago, George and Dragon said:

pensioners have done very well out of the conservative governments of the last 12 years unlike public sector employees.

I'm still not going to vote for the bastards even if they double my pension.

On 19/12/2022 at 22:14, LadyG said:

Yes only if they go for the triple lock, which they ducked this year

Your basic maths tells you that all pensioners were given an eight percent drop in real terms last year, so the ten percent is ten percent of less than it should have been.  Not only that but they chose the inflation from one month, and that month was September, the lowest for inflation .

If you think inflation has not affected people, I just looked at cost of a shampoo and cut in town, two of them charging £76, that's about an hour on the premises.

I would be more than grateful to have hair to tend at any price. 

• Haha 1