£10 DWP XP

reg

Featured Posts

Party time

Just received my £10 christmas bonus.

Which gets me a Tesco Finest Fruit cake.

"The £10 bonus was introduced in 1972"

"£10 in 1972 is equivalent in purchasing power to about £155.94 today"

Edited by reg
  • Greenie 1

7 hours ago, MtB said:

Isn't it a BITCH when the free money given to you is not as much as you think it should be?

At least one person on here doesn't even seem to know what the 'free money'  landing in their bank account is for.

Poor boomers!

£10!!! Whee!, that's me sorted this weekend! Couple of pints in the pub, maybe a quick visit to the local red light area and fish and chips on the way home, Yay!!! It's been ages since I've had a night out!

2 minutes ago, Bee said:

£10!!! Whee!, that's me sorted this weekend! Couple of pints in the pub, maybe a quick visit to the local red light area and fish and chips on the way home, Yay!!! It's been ages since I've had a night out!

2 Pints and a bag of scratchings in the local here!

11 hours ago, LadyG said:

First I've heard of it, Ill have to make a claim backdated 

If you receive your state pension monthly then the £10 is paid into your bank separately. If you receive it weekly then it's added to that weeks payment so many people don't realise they have it.

£10?  Five Litres of Heck's single variety farmhouse cider ( Kingston Black for preference) or 5 l of vintage (dry is fave)  and some change toward some Keens unpasteurized  farmhouse cheddar.

N

18 minutes ago, Bee said:

40 years is a long time.🤣🤣🤣🤣

5 minutes ago, Slim said:

I recall when you could go out and buy 7 pints (Watneys Special ), 20 Embassy Tipped ,a box of matches and still have change from a Pound

60 years plus then 🤣🤣the red light is what was taking all your money 🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Slim said:

I recall when you could go out and buy 7 pints (Watneys Special ), 20 Embassy Tipped ,a box of matches and still have change from a Pound

Embassy Filter Red 20 Pack Tescos £13.70 (Dec 2022)

Edited by reg

Back in my School days the 'little shop' just outside the gates used to break down cigarette packets and sell 'a single and a match' for 3d.

Never quite sure what you'd get but they were normally Park Drive 'Blue' or Players No10. (Players No6 were more expensive)

I think a pack of 10 "No10" was around 2/- (10p)

A quick google suggest that by 1968 a pack of 20 "No10" was 3/2 (16p)

5 hours ago, pearley said:

If you receive your state pension monthly then the £10 is paid into your bank separately. If you receive it weekly then it's added to that weeks payment so many people don't realise they have it.

Just as well it goes straight into the bank. I wouldn't be bothering to cross the street to pick up £10.

The Memsahib and I will give ours to the grandchildren. 

6 hours ago, Bee said:

What will you do with the change? Same again next week.

• Haha 1