Winter, coming soon, stock up.

matty40s

Featured Posts

Just now, ditchcrawler said:

I have had better meals in Spoons than I ever have in Mc's

Given the reputations of both, I've never had a meal in either.

Worst I've ever had has been The Boat House in Braunston. Again, warm (rather than hot) chicken, and inedible steak. 

Their beer is ok, their food most definitely not. Risky at best. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

You have odd standards.

McDonald's is no better than Spoons in any way shape or form!

Spoons is far better in all sorts of ways…serves beer for a start! And isn’t full of teenagers 

12 minutes ago, Tonka said:

McDonalds do not serve beer, but they do admit to being run by a clown

I like Tim…says what he thinks and bugger everyone else.  Gets my vote. 

• Greenie 2

7 hours ago, LadyG said:

I complained n the website, so called customer services who indicated they don't want to know.

I could not complain as I was a guest. What good would it do. If the manager is happy to send out plates of cold food, what is the point of complaining to him or her?

The only option is to take the temperature of the food, I don't carry a thermometer, take a photo and one of the menu, then complain to local authority. Do you really  think they would do anything?

It was about £30 for two people, cost of materials about £2.50

Whether you were a guest or paying you could have complained and got the meal replaced with a hot one! Complaining afterwards is if you have  food poisoning or something.

9 minutes ago, frangar said:

Spoons is far better in all sorts of ways…serves beer for a start! And isn’t full of teenagers 

I like Tim…says what he thinks and bugger everyone else.  Gets my vote. 

Same here mate I find the food and acceptable and the right price

• Greenie 2

13 minutes ago, peterboat said:

Whether you were a guest or paying you could have complained and got the meal replaced with a hot one! Complaining afterwards is if you have  food poisoning or something.

Nope, my host does not like fuss. He took me there, I did demur, he insisted.

Never again.

Next time I'll make the meal and he can bring the wine, that's the best deal for both of us, we both get decent food and I get most of the wine!

Edited by LadyG

9 minutes ago, LadyG said:

Nope, my host does not like fuss. He took me there, I did demur, he insisted.

Never again.

Next time I'll make the meal and he can bring the wine, that's the best deal for both of us, we both get decent food and I get most of the wine!

I realise most people find the food OK, I don't like any cold food, mashed potatoes with turkey? Cold.

The beer is good, lots of people sell beer.

I don't waste my money on bad food. I don't mind paying twice the price as long as the food is good quality and well presented. 

The kids who serve that food are trained to use a microwave.. There are photo graphs showing what it should look like. What more can you say, fortunately they are not in charge of the beer management.

Just now, LadyG said:

I realise most people find the food OK, I don't like any cold food, mashed potatoes with turkey? Cold.

The beer is good, lots of people sell beer.

I don't waste my money on bad food. I don't mind paying twice the price as long as the food is good quality and well presented. 

The kids who serve that food are trained to use a microwave.. There are photo graphs showing what it should look like. What more can you say, fortunately they are not in charge of the beer management.

You do realise that’s how most restaurants work…The day job has me in a lot of 5 star hotels…guess what…lots of pictures of how dishes should be served and it’s amazing what Brake Bros delivers….and the gullible pay through the nose because it’s served in a fancy dining room…

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, frangar said:

You do realise that’s how most restaurants work…The day job has me in a lot of 5 star hotels…guess what…lots of pictures of how dishes should be served and it’s amazing what Brake Bros delivers….and the gullible pay through the nose because it’s served in a fancy dining room…

And you seem to pay more if it served on a slate. 

Have you seen how dirty old slates get. 

Give me a plate any day

• Greenie 1

Just now, Alan de Enfield said:

I just don't understand drinks served in jam-jars either !

Sadly some people rate being pretentious over quality….and the trendy restaurants prey on this type of person….don’t get me started on chips stacked like a game of jenga! 

11 minutes ago, frangar said:

I complimented a chef on his food and his reply was "you should see my kitchen, photos and notices of what to do and how to do it all over the place" and it wasn't McDs or spoons it was well up the scale from there.

In case anybody is wondering he was explaining how everything was cooked and presented the same.

1 hour ago, MtB said:

Given the reputations of both, I've never had a meal in either.

Worst I've ever had has been The Boat House in Braunston. Again, warm (rather than hot) chicken, and inedible steak. 

Their beer is ok, their food most definitely not. Risky at best. 

And yet you were complaining about Spoons doing crap food never having been in there!

10 minutes ago, peterboat said:

And yet you were complaining about Spoons doing crap food never having been in there!

That would require somebody capable of original independent thought.

32 minutes ago, matty40s said:

...but they are.

I think you will find the staff turn on the beer taps.

Keeping the pipes clean etc will not be done by the staff on site, I can pretty much gaurantee if they can't heat frozen mashed potatoes with a microwave they have no chance with beer management, which would be a key factor in profits.

Everyone is an expert judge of a good pint even if they can't tell margarine from butter.

Edited by LadyG
  • Haha 1

On 06/12/2022 at 17:35, tree monkey said:

Always, a plate full of roasties and a equally large plate full of yorkies, yum

Unfortunately I've never managed to make a decent Pud, so rely on others to dish the goods

You need James Martins yorkie recipe, I scale down the amounts because there is rarely more than three of us but they are lush. 
https://www.jamesmartinchef.co.uk/recipes/yorkshire-puddings-gravy/

Edited by Dyertribe
  • Greenie 1