8kw Deisel heater + red diesel

MisterP

Featured Posts

Don't know anything about the product, or whether or not its applicable to boating (interestingly one of the comments suggests the serious bit inside is very similar to a Webasto) but he is a very good presenter. Might waste a few hours on his other stuff!

3 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

Don't know anything about the product, or whether or not its applicable to boating (interestingly one of the comments suggests the serious bit inside is very similar to a Webasto) but he is a very good presenter. Might waste a few hours on his other stuff!

I have several of these but the 5kW version. I'm struggling to work out why the bod says they are illegal.

13 minutes ago, Mike Tee said:

I think he may have been referring to the alternative fuel bit.

I found the video tedious and I shut the window after 8 minutes as I have better things to do. 

If he is running it on home brew fuel then I still don't see why that would be illegal. 

He said that it could run on waste oil but doing so is illegal, however I don't know where he is based. If he thinks it is a good idea to run one on waste oil rather him than me, such heaters seam prone to carbonning on diesel, goodness knows what they will do on waste oil. I think the UK might have regulations about burning waste oil on pollution grounds.

38 minutes ago, MtB said:

I found the video tedious and I shut the window after 8 minutes as I have better things to do. 

If he is running it on home brew fuel then I still don't see why that would be illegal. 

The "illegal" bit was a hook - you wouldn't have done a whole 8 minutes if it wasn't for the frisson of the outlaw element...

13 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

The "illegal" bit was a hook - you wouldn't have done a whole 8 minutes if it wasn't for the frisson of the outlaw element...

Actually no, I was hooked into watching by Mike Tee's comment that he was such a good presenter. It just took me 8 minutes to decide that no, he wasn't.

Edited by MtB
Make my comment more moderate.
  • Haha 1