Visitor Moorings at Ocker Hill Branch

Bob12348

Featured Posts

Actually it's one of those stupid places that states it's free for visitors if unoccupied after 6pm. We've moored there a few times, there are two 'spaces' on the right as you enter, sometimes it's free, sometimes against a workboat.

Otherwise there always was one space on the left that was free but not easy to walk out due to all the dog gates that the residents had.

If you have at MeterMacs account then you can plug in.

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

I think there is a waterpoint and overnight mooring, and it's easier to reverse in, moor against the boat on the Southern bank. 

Reversing in depends on which direction you are headed.

There used to be a single visitor spot there but it was a while ago that we used it, and one of the long term moorers was a friend.

"Go down Ryders Green, carry on for a bit then turn sharp left at the second floating fridge".

• Haha 1

I stopped there earlier this year. Locals very friendly, invited me to the pub round the corner which is quite good. You can't get out on foot without a non-standard key but I was lent one to do some shopping. "Visitor" moorings were full of workboats so I moored on an unoccupied residential spot for the night. Mind the low bridge if you're doing that!