Featured video

Kendorr

Featured Posts

Sorry, didn't realize the home button was hard to find, and I went off to view the video.  Thanks to others.

Enjoyed the video, but my mistake, “anywhere on the towpath,” not, “wherever you like.”  It might be anywhere on the towpath on the Monty, though.

• Greenie 1

Its quite interesting to see a foreigner being so enthusiastic about stuff we kinda take for granted - cows, sheep, pigs, greenery, canals and rain! But he is right, we are lucky. Even finding all the food outlets closed and surviving on a ham sandwich didn't seem to dampen his mood. 

• Greenie 2

21 minutes ago, Peanut said:

Sorry, didn't realize the home button was hard to find, and I went off to view the video.  Thanks to others.

Enjoyed the video, but my mistake, “anywhere on the towpath,” not, “wherever you like.”  It might be anywhere on the towpath on the Monty, though.

Now I know where it is it's not hard to find - I think you may find that a large number on the forum just use the "Activity" "New Posts" so that whenever they log on it automatically lists all new posts.

I don't think I have used the home page for 'years'.

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Mike Tee said:

Its quite interesting to see a foreigner being so enthusiastic about stuff we kinda take for granted - cows, sheep, pigs, greenery, canals and rain! But he is right, we are lucky. Even finding all the food outlets closed and surviving on a ham sandwich didn't seem to dampen his mood. 

Indeed, considering where the young chap has visited in the past its lovely he's so complementary about our little country!  he's very impressed with how green it is... :)

• Greenie 2

Thanks for the feedback. It takes a little while to find good quality content like this to feature on the site. Typically we feature more experienced boaters but these guys did a great job, well narrated and gives a glimpse into what our canals have to offer.

Although his unrelenting enthusiasm can be a bit wearing, I enjoyed the video and actually watched one of his others about a train trip in the US.  I look forward to the sequels of the canal trip, especially as I spotted my (former) boat in the aerial shots of the intro!

On 27/11/2022 at 17:16, RichM said:

Thanks for the feedback. It takes a little while to find good quality content like this to feature on the site. Typically we feature more experienced boaters but these guys did a great job, well narrated and gives a glimpse into what our canals have to offer.

Good video but I won't be paying £4.95 to watch part 2 

2 hours ago, RichM said:

I saw that, my understanding is that it's for "early access" but I could be wrong. If not then he perhaps should have made that clear in his first video.

As far as I can make out it will cost £4.95, I might be wrong.

A link to part 2 (if free) will be helpful :)

I just watched the current "Featured Video" of Country House Gent showing us how to start up an old vintage twin cylinder Ailsa Craig diesel.

All goes well as he lubricates stuff, turns the fuel on, slowly turns the engine over using the hand start to get some oil moving, etc. Then he shows us the lighting and insertion of the wicks it uses instead of glow plugs.

Then when it's finally ready for what I expected to be the finale of a grand, triumphant hand start, he spoils it all by just pressing a button and wanging it over with the electric starter motor, lol!! 

Linky here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=gmSUmi7TTYw&feature=emb_logo&ab_channel=CountryHouseGent

• Greenie 1