Pavo on the hard at Alperton

PaulJ

Featured Posts

I'm not sure if it's coincidence that it is in front of a tree with decorative lights on, and seems to have at least a chain of lights on it itself.

Or perhaps the two are connected?

I've always thought of Pavo as a "Northern" boat - I didn't realise it had moved South.

18 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I'm not sure if it's coincidence that it is in front of a tree with decorative lights on, and seems to have at least a chain of lights on it itself.

Or perhaps the two are connected?

I've always thought of Pavo as a "Northern" boat - I didn't realise it had moved South.

Its on a massive new ongoing housing development. Very pristine, which is what got my interest.

I suppose as ornaments/sculptures go its probably not that expensive in the scheme of things but it cant be that surely.

I wondered if it was maybe something like a community classroom or something like.

2 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Left on the tow path by the last flood? 😀

I did think the Paddington Arm was up a bit at the mo with all the rain..😀

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

I was very surprised when I saw Pavo had been sold earlier in the year.

I didn't realise it had been, I must admit.

Probably not to the tastes of many who wanted a converted working boat, but on those occasions we have encountered it on mere Northern waterways, always immaculately turned out by its then owner.

2 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

Probably not to the tastes of many who wanted a converted working boat, but on those occasions we have encountered it on mere Northern waterways, always immaculately turned out by its then owner.

Google is your friend. Apparently it is a pizza parlour.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, PaulJ said:

I wondered if it was maybe something like a community classroom or something like.

I don't think it will have any huge area of connected cabin.  The back cabin, engine room, front deck and fore cabin use up quite a lot of the length.  My assumption is that the main cabin is quite compact.

Edited by alan_fincher

4 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Well I thought of many things -even wondered if it was owned by a security guard and used for onsite accomodation- but Pizza didnt come into any of them..

Heres another view of it.

20221127_103705.jpg

43 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

We spent a number of days traveling with Pavo a few years ago around half the Leicester ring.  A lovely boat, very good company and good, traditional style lock operation.  I'm sure the last owner would be disappointed to see her out on the hard turned in to a pizza outlet.  There wasn't loads of seating space inside, I seem to recall just a large sofa.  It was gas free with a large generator in the fore cabin.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, PD1964 said:

Maybe a new Airbnb, as life’s better by the water according to CaRT, so they can charge more per night on hard standing then actually afloat😊

Knowing the area of old I for one would not pay to stay there.

• Greenie 1

3 hours ago, Tonka said:

I thought it was just a bit of a wind up when I saw the original pic. With the angle of the photo I thought it was on the canal not knowing the area, but reading the articles later put on now I know the story. Can’t see why they chose that boat instead of a conventional boat, Not the best shell/layout to create a Pizza boat if they’re after inside seating as well as outside.

Edited by PD1964

4 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

I thought it was just a bit of a wind up when I saw the original pic. With the angle of the photo I thought it was on the canal not knowing the area, but reading the articles later put on now I know the story. Can’t see why they chose that boat instead of a conventional boat, Not the best shell/layout to create a Pizza boat if they’re after inside seating as well as outside.

can you re read this thread please. When i read Pizza i should have read Piazza. sorry to mislead the group.

2 minutes ago, Tonka said:

can you re read this thread please. When i read Pizza i should have read Piazza. sorry to mislead the group.

Yes I seen the Piazza article, then you said “ Google is your friend. Apparently it is a Pizza Parlour”

So it’s not a Pizza place, anyone know if it’s being used for anything particular?

6 minutes ago, PD1964 said:

Yes I seen the Piazza article, then you said “ Google is your friend. Apparently it is a Pizza Parlour”

So it’s not a Pizza place, anyone know if it’s being used for anything particular?

Keeping us lot bemused for a couple of hours springs to mind.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Tonka said:

Keeping us lot bemused for a couple of hours springs to mind.

Piazza is designed to connect students, TAs, and professors so every student can get the help they need when they need it.

Today, millions of students across thousands of campuses are using Piazza for their classes. It warms me to think I started something that is impacting the way students learn and the way instructors teach.

I sincerely hope Piazza enhances your experience as a student, as a TA, and as a professor.

— Pooja Nath Sankar, Piazza Founder