EPever eBox MPPT bluetooth device

blackrose

Featured Posts

Does anyone have one of these for their MPPT controller? You plug it into your MPPT and download the app on your phone and you can get all your solar charge parameters on your phone. I don't think it's as good as the Victron app. From this video it doesn't seem to display such detailed information, but it's only 22 quid so I wondered if it's worth having. Would it give me more info than my MT50 display?

Yes, I have one in addition to the MT50 display. It's OK, but doesn't display more information. The main thing I dislike about it is that it doesn't appear to have any form of password protection. As a result I unplug mine to stop people changing my settings, and thus render the whole thing pointless. 

Actually, come to think of it, I think mine is WiFi, not Bluetooth, so maybe a different beast. 

Edited by rusty69

4 hours ago, rusty69 said:

As a result I unplug mine to stop people changing my settings, and thus render the whole thing pointless. 

Actually, come to think of it, I think mine is WiFi, not Bluetooth, so maybe a different beast. 

Who would want to change your settings? Or you mean if one of your neighbours has one and changes your settings unintentionally? 

Yes I think there are 2 different models. The Bluetooth one only works over a 10m range so it seems unlikely that someone else would change the settings, but if it's not displaying any more information than the MT50 then I probably won't bother.

Does the WiFi model mean you can get your PV and battery status even if you're miles away?

1 hour ago, blackrose said:

Who would want to change your settings? Or you mean if one of your neighbours has one and changes your settings unintentionally? 

Yes I think there are 2 different models. The Bluetooth one only works over a 10m range so it seems unlikely that someone else would change the settings, but if it's not displaying any more information than the MT50 then I probably won't bother.

Does the WiFi model mean you can get your PV and battery status even if you're miles away?

By accident or by design, it doesn't really matter which, but I don't want my charging paramaters tampered with. The BMS on the lithium cells is equally unprotected too. That one is a BT connection. 

No, it is a direct WiFi link, not networked, so only connectable within local range 

It's been discontinued

https://www.epever.com/bluetooth-module-ebox-ble-01-halt-notice/

Replaced by

https://www.epever.com/product/accessories-bluetooth-adapter/

As with all epever stuff it appears you can only use one item at a time so it's this or the mt50

EPEVER-BLE-RJ45-A-Manual-EN-V1.3.pdf

Edited by Loddon