Sticky Fuel... profiteering opportunity?

The Gravy Boater

Featured Posts

I am aware there is an existing thread about this "issue" but, specifically...

As far as I am aware "sticky fuel" is an issue with the current state of bio-diesel.  It is a problem with the fuel supply and it doesn't evolve in your tank like, for instance, diesel bug.  It effects us all and there isn't some magical supply of diesel that isn't subject to it.

If an engineer/company claims that you have "sticky fuel" while they are, for instance... reconditioning your injectors and injector pump... wanting to charge you for the removal of all fuel so they can replace it with some of their magical fuel...

What would you say to that?

14 hours ago, The Gravy Boater said:

I am aware there is an existing thread about this "issue" but, specifically...

As far as I am aware "sticky fuel" is an issue with the current state of bio-diesel.  It is a problem with the fuel supply and it doesn't evolve in your tank like, for instance, diesel bug.  It effects us all and there isn't some magical supply of diesel that isn't subject to it.

If an engineer/company claims that you have "sticky fuel" while they are, for instance... reconditioning your injectors and injector pump... wanting to charge you for the removal of all fuel so they can replace it with some of their magical fuel...

What would you say to that?

Rising Damp. Loads of money spent on something that does not exist 

• Greenie 1

Worth taking the opportunity to warn against cheap HVO. If you're offered HVO at a price well below the going rate (around £1.80 at the moment and nearer £2.30 if it's had the 60:40 split applied to take account of paying the full price – without RTFCs accruing – for the domestic element) then it will almost certainly be a blend of HVO and GTL which is, of course, derived from fossil fuel. I understand that even in the lab it's pretty well impossible to tell the two apart and there are unscrupulous suppliers out there producing their own blend and passing it off as pure HVO.