Reading lamp

LadyG

Featured Posts

4 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Voltage?  Mains? 12v? Wattage?  Standard or desk? floor? table?

Red lamp?

3m is a long flex on low voltage.

Yes I think I e found some rechargeable therefore portable, charged from usb, therefore not using inverter . Desk reading lamp for boat

• 4 weeks later...
On 22/11/2022 at 16:46, DaveP said:

I bought the Screwfix one last week. Good as a worklight in a shed, butPS not a nice reading lamp - it's cold, rather than warm, white.  But for what it is, I'm happy.

Yea, I like to keep the cabin in "cosy home" mode, I've bought a rather unstylish minimalist light from amazon, it is functional, and provides light of various types and intensity.

I would love a real (european) half size hurricane lamp I found in a local ironmonger,  but it requires a real wooden yacht, and I've got to keep myself grounded .

PS another £25 from UK Govt today (cwp), I'm very grateful.

Edited by LadyG

1 minute ago, Goliath said:

Not what you spent it on,

What was it for, why you get it?

It was the Cold Weather Payment, very cold, down to -7C, I have been feeding the stove , coal and kindling and firelighters in last five weeks £184+£140, Diesel might be about £25.

1 minute ago, LadyG said:

It was the Cold Weather Payment, very cold, down to -7C, I have been feeding the stove , coal and kindling and firelighters in last five weeks £184+£140, Diesel might be about £25.

i See, 

if I understand right then, a lump sum of money is given every winter to those eligible to receive it, and then further small payments are made if ever the weather goes below a certain temperature?

3 minutes ago, Goliath said:

i See, 

if I understand right then, a lump sueesentialm of money is given every winter to those eligible to receive it, and then further small payments are made if ever the weather goes below a certain temperature?

I am over 75, I think I get more than the standard OAP, not sure of all the criteria, I am waiting to see how the Govt assist those who have no energy bill, obviously complex, but according to Martin Lewis website (ESSENTIAL), it will be paid in The New Year.

15 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Are you still wearing shorts?

No longer:  now in fleecy lined trousers thick socks,  boots, Damart cardigan. One more cold night then back to the new normal, of course boat is  sitting in water at 0C

23 minutes ago, LadyG said:

But isn't that for the postcode that your house is in.