A 3rd Car in a week is Dumped in a West Midlands Canal

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

4 minutes ago, MtB said:

This pretty much summarises my understanding of the situation too. 

There may be an industry-wide protocol for an individual insurance company to pay out when a car they insure causes a loss after being stolen but if there is, I'd say this is a voluntary co-operation rather than a legal obligation. I think the telling point would be whether a vehicle insurance company paying out to compensate CRT for lifting it out of a lock counts as policy-holder claim and affects their NCD. 

I think you'll find that if paying out was voluntary no insurance company would do it, given their general propensity for wriggling out of paying claims on the slightest excuse...

Since the car has been in the canal and therefore written off, this will inevitably count as a major policy-holder theft claim by the owner and affect their NCD (unless it's protected). Once this has happened, any further payout by the insurance company won't affect it any further.

44 minutes ago, MtB said:

I think the telling point would be whether a vehicle insurance company paying out to compensate CRT for lifting it out of a lock counts as policy-holder claim and affects their NCD. 

If you have had your car nicked and its worth £15k  you have probably lost your NCD already regardless of where it end up

• Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

If you have had your car nicked and its worth £15k  you have probably lost your NCD already regardless of where it end up

As if! 

No way I could afford any sort of vehicle costing more than £500. 

On 21/11/2022 at 16:00, BrumSaint said:

This fake Specsavers advert is not funny it is racist and should be removed.

Clearly it may be offensive to some. But is  not racist.  Wearing a hijab or niqab is not dependent on race. Your lack of understanding of the diversity issues involved offends my sensibilities. 

• Greenie 1

On 21/11/2022 at 16:00, BrumSaint said:

This fake Specsavers advert is not funny it is racist and should be removed.

If you are Muslim, then yes, I could see some being offended.

If not, then that makes you a "Woke"

I interpret that as someone who pretends to be offended on behalf of someone else.

36 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

The UK is not yet a Muslim country therefore it is not offensive to the majority. The only offence is the interpretation you put on the picture, the woman is plainly licking the stamp for the gent.

So on the same principle, posting that LGBT people are an abomination against nature and should be exterminated is allowable because the majority of the country is not LGBT, so as a minority it doesn't matter if they are offended?

Really?

Edited by IanD

What has the last half dozen posts got to do with the original post or boating, absolutely f@ck all.  
 Alan”de cut’n’paste” post as usual was not funny, but got a reaction, are we now going to get 20+ posts of epic length about Muslim/LGBT rights and racism?

Take it to the Pub section.

• Greenie 2

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Can I see a high horse galloping towards us?

Lighten up, life is too short to be serious. Go glue yourself to a motorway if you want to make an impression.

Nothing to do with a high horse or "making an impression", your suggestion that it's not racist or prejudicial if it doesn't offend the majority of people shows a total misunderstanding of what these words mean.... 😞

And before you deny this, your *exact* words were "The UK is not yet a Muslim country therefore it is not offensive to the majority".

If you think comments like this are funny or a joke then you're the one with the problem, not me... 🙂

(and no, I'm not going to post any more on this either, so feel free to have a final word if you want to...)

Edited by IanD

2 minutes ago, IanD said:

Nothing to do with a high horse or "making an impression", your suggestion that it's not racist or prejudicial if it doesn't offend the majority of people shows a total misunderstanding of what these words mean.... 😞

And before you deny this, your *exact* words were "The UK is not yet a Muslim country therefore it is not offensive to the majority".

If you think comments like this are funny or a joke then you're the one with the problem, not me... 😉

I have no problem but the Muslim ethos is to outnumber "us" using the wombs of their women. Fact.

I find the most bigoted are the ones who object least about the differences in our cultures

44 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

I have no problem but the Muslim ethos is to outnumber "us" using the wombs of their women. Fact.

I find the most bigoted are the ones who object least about the differences in our cultures

Wow -- without using the "r" word, you really *are* the one with the problem... 😞

Edited by IanD
  • Greenie 1

Ah. The Mulsim debate.

Hmm.

My girls (10 and 12) go to inner East London state schools that are completely dominated by Bengalis. I mean dominated in the sense of the secondary school as about 1100 pupils and there are about a dozen white pupils in that number.

My Personal Offspring Units (the only 2 produced by the woman) are white although their mother is from a Muslim background she is not religious herself.

It is true that they do have more babies than other people. I regularly see pregnant mothers with 4 or 5 other small children. At it like steam hammers.

Its just a fact at the end of the day and part of the reason I think it is okay for my kids to be at these types of schools. They have good educational achievement levels even if a lot of the parents don't speak English. There is a certain amount of "Assimilation" but it is basically rare to see mixed couples.

The fact is that if my children wish to continue living in London as adults they may as well get used to being a minority and understand how minorities are treated by majorities.

Maybe if they go and live somewhere like Guildford it will be different but I suspect they will get used to living in E1 and find it is more rewarding than provincial towns.

Having said that I've seen loads of Somalis in Henley on Thames.

Shocking indeed ;)

Edited by Athy
To remove offensive language

1 hour ago, IanD said:

Wow -- without using the "r" word, you really *are* the one with the problem... 😞

Wow -- your promise not to post again in this thread didn't last long.

Are you a politician?:D

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Athy said:

Wow -- your promise not to post again in this thread didn't last long.

Are you a politician?:D

No, I was just astounded at what was posted, worthy of Bernard Manning.... 😞

Whether a post like that meets the forum rules is your decision... 😉

Edited by IanD

20 minutes ago, Athy said:

Er, I thought you weren't going to post any more on this topic. Perhaps I read it wrongly.

No, I'll keep replying to you as long as you keep trying to get a rise out of me 😉

Perhaps as a moderator you could answer the questions about why racist anti-Muslim or Bernard Manning posts now seem to be acceptable, especially outside the political section, since the forum rules don't allow this?

Edited by IanD
  • Greenie 2

8 minutes ago, IanD said:

No, I'll keep replying to you as long as you try getting a rise out of me 😉

Maybe as a moderator you could answer the questions about why racist anti-Muslim or Bernard Manning posts now seem to be acceptable, especially outside the political section, since the forum rules don't allow this?

I dont think, (surprisingly) racist content is specifically mentioned as being contrary to the forum rules. Though arguably is covered by other aspects.

Edited by M_JG
To add a point

4 minutes ago, M_JG said:

I dont think, (surprisingly) racist content is specifically mentioned as being contrary to the forum rules.

Surprising indeed, however:

"You will not use CWDF to post or reference to any material anywhere on the site that is knowingly false and/or defamatory, aimed to deceive or ridicule, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, disruptive, intimidating, threatening, inflammatory, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, bullying or invasive of a person's privacy"

The posts referred to are all of the above...

(and if racism isn't specifically on the banned list, perhaps it should be)

Edited by IanD

1 minute ago, M_JG said:

I dont think, (surprisingly) racist content is specifically mentioned as being contrary to the forum rules.

?

I should hope it is addressed in the forum rules. 

Never read them myself 

This thread will be closed. 
Can’t question Athy 🤣🤣