A 3rd Car in a week is Dumped in a West Midlands Canal

Alan de Enfield

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, Goliath said:

?

I should hope it is addressed in the forum rules. 

Never read them myself 

This thread will be closed. 
Can’t question Athy 🤣🤣

There are references to other breaches that potentially cover racism but no its not actually refered to specifically, which I found surprising.

3 minutes ago, M_JG said:

There are references to other breaches that potentially cover racism but no its not actually refered to specifically, which I found surprising.

Hopefully Athy will be back to explain. 

Unless the big guns take over and explain instead. 

28 minutes ago, IanD said:

No, I'll keep replying to you as long as you keep trying to get a rise out of me 😉

I was amused by your rapid volte-face, understandably I think. But then, as we have seen, different people are amused by different things.

4 minutes ago, Athy said:

I was amused by your rapid volte-face, understandably I think. But then, as we have seen, different people are amused by different things.

True. But unlike some others, I'm not amused by racist posts... 😞

Edited by IanD

16 minutes ago, Goliath said:

To get back on topic before it is closed, did anyone find an image of the car in the cut at Solihull?

I’d be interested to know where exactly it was dumped. 

There's a couple of photos in the article I linked earlier (also same ones on twitter) - comparing those with google maps sat view I would guess somewhere near Richmond Road Bridge, (But that's only a guess) Possibly came in from the car park adjacent to the towpath next to the bridge, though it was obviously recovered from the non-towpath side.

https://www.google.com/maps/@52.4409072,-1.8049236,81m/data=!3m1!1e3

springy

5 minutes ago, springy said:

There's a couple of photos in the article I linked earlier (also same ones on twitter) - comparing those with google maps sat view I would guess somewhere near Richmond Road Bridge, (But that's only a guess) Possibly came in from the car park adjacent to the towpath next to the bridge, though it was obviously recovered from the non-towpath side.

springy

Seems a familiar view. 
Is that spot a frequent/popular spot for dumping cars?

Yep, I see

but moderation don’t have to explain itself as to why one but not the other. 

• Threads openly criticising or discussing moderating decisions are not permitted. Any questions concerning the running of the site including any moderator actions must be submitted using the report post link or alternatively via Private Message (PM) to a member of staff

Edited by Goliath

29 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Bernard Manning is unacceptable in any way, shape or form.

(Except when dumped in a canal, of course)

😀

That's even more unacceptable, there are enough closures as it is without having another closure due to police incident for body recovery.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, magnetman said:

I didn't use offensive language in the post.

The video contained offensive language. Obviously Bernard is a bit old school and not everyone likes it. Sorry if it offended any (word removed)s who might be viewing !

Hello old bean. Been ruffling feathers? Have been trying to phone you. Got back from NYC a week ago. New on here so can't PM. F. 

Edited by BiggusD
Forgot to quote.
  • Greenie 1

2 hours ago, springy said:

Or perhaps from the access road to Halfords and the builders merchants on the opposite side, especially if there's a gap in the railings.Screenshot_20221123-205235_Maps.jpg.697346064ac7b9c250e084c80244a799.jpg

• Greenie 1

On 23/11/2022 at 11:40, Mad Harold said:

If you are Muslim, then yes, I could see some being offended.

If not, then that makes you a "Woke"

I interpret that as someone who pretends to be offended on behalf of someone else.

Definition of 'Woke' - a person who is aware of and actively attentive to forms of oppression and injustice, especially issues of discrimination. Anti-woke is therefore someone who doesn't give a monkeys about other people or how their owns action/comments may offend them. 

I did complain about the joke advert, but the response from the moderator was worthy of those who defended 1970's racist comedians, a bit disappointing really for a board I've always considered as being run by sensible people.

• Greenie 1