EBay Click & Collect. Collection Points to avoid

nbfiresprite

Featured Posts

Many of us do have to rely on this Ebay service when away from home, for me a 400 mile round trip to collect post since the marina stopped the mailbox hire.

When the eBay C&C system works, it works well but they are collection points which give it a bad name from poor service to Buyers. Plus the trouble you have to go through when dealing with the Ebay Call Centre.

If admin agree, this list should be pinned so other members can check before use.

Some of the things that the bad ones do.

Refusing to sign for packages

Not typing in the ecp code into the system which then releases the FM collection code which allows you to collect

Claiming that a package was refused when it had been signed for and a picture taken of the package on the counter.

Packages going missing.

Packages being open and resealed.

Handing over a label claiming thats what was signed for. (This did happen to me, I went to a collection point in Uxbridge and the store staff tried to plam off a label on me after scaning the FM Code, Tracking had a photo of the package with the label attached to it)

10 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

Many of us do have to rely on this Ebay service when away from home, for me a 400 mile round trip to collect post since the marina stopped the mailbox hire.

When the eBay C&C system works, it works well but they are collection points which give it a bad name from poor service to Buyers. Plus the trouble you have to go through when dealing with the Ebay Call Centre.

If admin agree, this list should be pinned so other members can check before use.

Some of the things that the bad ones do.

Refusing to sign for packages

Not typing in the ecp code into the system which then releases the FM collection code which allows you to collect

Claiming that a package was refused when it had been signed for and a picture taken of the package on the counter.

Packages going missing.

Packages being open and resealed.

Handing over a label claiming thats what was signed for. (This did happen to me, I went to a collection point in Uxbridge and the store staff tried to plam off a label on me after scaning the FM Code, Tracking had a photo of the package with the label attached to it)

Not much use if you don't say where these collection points were.

Never had a problem myself and I've used a few different ones over the years.

Keith

1 hour ago, Steilsteven said:

Not much use if you don't say where these collection points were.

Never had a problem myself and I've used a few different ones over the years.

Keith

As I have not yet posted them. simple posted posted a idea.

BP March,
10 Dartford Road
March,

Cambridgeshire

PE15 8AN

Premier,

17 Irthlingborough Road

Wellingborough,

NN8 1NW

Texaco Sneyd Green, 
Hanley Road
Stoke-on-Trent,
Staffordshire
ST1 6BE

Shell Huntingdon Street,
Huntingdon Street
Nottingham
NG1 3LH

I've had similar ECP problems at separate pick up points lately. One I managed to sort out with the seller updating his records, others were only solved when the staff at the click and collect point eventually gave in and used my id after turning me away numerous times. I could see my packages too! Whilst I've used it quite a lot when out cruising, I'm reluctant to use eBay click and collect now.

2 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I've had similar ECP problems at separate pick up points lately. One I managed to sort out with the seller updating his records, others were only solved when the staff at the click and collect point eventually gave in and used my id after turning me away numerous times. I could see my packages too! Whilst I've used it quite a lot when out cruising, I'm reluctant to use eBay click and collect now.

Never had a problem collecting from Argos or Sainsburys. The ones that give trouble tends to be in garages or corner shop. Had a new 240v kettle sent to the BP garage in March for eby click and collect alpmg with three other packages at the start of November. Up to now I have used the local CoOp on the other side of Town where I have had no trouble. Only changing to the BP garage as it was in the centre of town, when it appeared in the list for collect plus. Two packages arrived (tracking and photo confirmed) the other two were refused and returned to sender. The owner claimed that no packages had arrived, Yet looking through the door to the staff room I could see a kettle just like the one that ordered on the table (What are the odds of that). Took the matter up with ebay after speaking to what seem to be half the call centre it was pushed upstairs to management who looked into the problem. They had the same thing from the owner who still claims that the packages had not been delivered or signed for, Even when shown proof they had. In the end Ebay just refunded in full, Last I heard Ebay is to contact PayPoint Ltd (Owners of Collect Plus) about the owner of the garage.

3 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

The ones that give trouble tends to be in garages or corner shop. Had a new 240v kettle sent to the BP garage in March for eby click and collect ....

Funnily enough, my latter issues were a BP garage not releasing parcels they had in their heap on the floor behind the counter. You'd think they'd be glad to get the floor space back!

I think we can summarise your list to

Don't use garages

Don't use small Premier shops

Unless you know you can trust them.

Larger Argos and Saunburys tend to be o.k.

I dont think a full list is much use as everyone's experience may differ. If I have no real choice I will use a Premier or a garage but if practical I will check with them beforehand, you can usually get an inkling whether to use them or not.

The other point is that it is sometimes a bit time consuming to identify a reachable location I don't then want to sign onto Canalworld, seek out the list and then check all of the entries on the off chance it may be listed.

On 17/11/2022 at 14:00, reg said:

I dont think a full list is much use as everyone's experience may differ. If I have no real choice I will use a Premier or a garage but if practical I will check with them beforehand, you can usually get an inkling whether to use them or not.

The other point is that it is sometimes a bit time consuming to identify a reachable location I don't then want to sign onto Canalworld, seek out the list and then check all of the entries on the off chance it may be listed.

But not as time consuming as spending days, talking to the Ebay call centre in India when things go wrong. One can be appropriately prepared if one knows something in advance.

It would be wise to only use big chain stores if you're doing it regularly. I've used it for many, many years and the only problems have been with small disorganised corner shops and newsagents, for the last 3 years I have used this service via Argos in the town without a problem. 

• Greenie 1