Skinners gone bust

beerbeerbeerbeerbeer

Featured Posts

For a moment there I thought it was referring to Skinner's dog food, which would have been a personal blow to the Ship's Dog!  Still a shame though as I've enjoyed the odd Skinner's down in Falmouth. Sadly, there could be more to follow in that line of business. They seem to be lurching from one threatening situation another at the moment. :(

According to t'internet they raised over £150k from a crowd funding appeal not so long back, but it wasn't enough to stave off administration. Meanwhile wellwishers who responded to the appeal are finding that their 'free beer' vouchers are no longer being accepted.

The website says nothing of the failure. You would think that more than a month on, someone would have put a notice that they are no longer trading on their home page.

Shut on the 1st October 😟 I suspect they looked al the proposed energy prices and realised it was go now or lose money and then go bust.

Jennings has gone as well, pity their parent company (carlsberg) couldn't have gone instead 🤭

1 minute ago, David Mack said:

The website says nothing of the failure. You would think that more than a month on, someone would have put a notice that they are no longer trading on their home page.

It becomes fairly obvious if you try to buy anything from the website 🤔

1 hour ago, Sea Dog said:

For a moment there I thought it was referring to Skinner's dog food, which would have been a personal blow to the Ship's Dog!   

My dog use to have that as well, just the mixed. We went to a country Fair where Skinners had a stand with their posh stuff for dogs to try, the dog took one sniff and walked away.

3 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

My dog use to have that as well, just the mixed. We went to a country Fair where Skinners had a stand with their posh stuff for dogs to try, the dog took one sniff and walked away.

I didn't know they did posh stuff. We've just had their various 25 kg bags of working dog kibble. Comparitvely cheap and also vat free. 

29 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I didn't know they did posh stuff. We've just had their various 25 kg bags of working dog kibble. Comparitvely cheap and also vat free. 

That is what I used, One bag had a metal ear tag in it. They delivered a new sack FOC to my door

On 11/11/2022 at 13:01, Goliath said:

I know there’s a few here who like the Skinners beer.

Sorry to say it shut early last month.

I haven’t got a link but it’s easy enough to google if your interested.

Skinner’s Brewery - More Than A Brewery | Iconic Beers From Cornwall (skinnersbrewery.com)