Mooring Auctions

Ian B

Featured Posts

They were going to close down the South Oxford Canal in the 60's but for Jack Skinner Bringing a fully laden boat down with Barbara Castle on board for some of the journey to prove it was still navicable. Little did the powers to be at the time realise, was that Jack had arranged with the lock keepers (remember them) on route to send plenty of water down to keep the pounds full!

Jack and Rose now both in their 80's, Jack nearly 90 both born on working boats, had to get rid of their little cruiser in the last year or so because BW had decided they could not have their free mooring any more, its so sad as every day Jack was out lifting the cover off the side of the boat to air it, now its gone he does not come out of the house at all. :rolleyes:

Pitty some thing can't be done to get these people out on the cut for the day. My boat is on the GU, but I would be more than happy to take them out boating, or if some kind person on the Oxford can help? I'll skipper and put the fuel in.

Unfortunately I will be taking direct action on my boat in Suffolk, trying to fix the seized rudder, or arranging to have it lifted out for the winter.

Therein lies the dilemma of course. There are many who speak with passion about the waterways and push for action. Well, SOW has taken action, and the people who will attend their meeting on Saturday will have decided to make the effort to take the action you want, Carl. And one of those organisations present will be NABO who you seem to think does nothing.

Howard Anguish

Therein lies the dilemma of course. There are many who speak with passion about the waterways and push for action. Well, SOW has taken action, and the people who will attend their meeting on Saturday will have decided to make the effort to take the action you want, Carl. And one of those organisations present will be NABO who you seem to think does nothing.

Howard Anguish

I am exposed as the hypocrite I truly am.

I have been actively involved in a variety of projects, issues and organisations concerning the waterways, since I was a teenager.

Now, at 41, after having one boat destroyed because thieves took the solar panels keeping her afloat and another one destroyed because vandals decided to set her alight, I beg your forgiveness for turning my back on the inland waterways for a weekend and going to look after my sea boat.

The fact that I am unable to come to yet another committee meeting has not stopped me contributing financially and, if the meeting was a bankside protest rather than another cosy chat then I would make time to be there.

The fact that I am unable to come to yet another committee meeting has not stopped me contributing financially and, if the meeting was a bankside protest rather than another cosy chat then I would make time to be there

total agreement with carl i can sit at home and moan to me hearts content on here rather than sat in the pub boosting the landlords profit now if you want to go out and chain up half a dozen boats to the lock gates near bye sign me in and dont forget to invite the press

I am exposed as the hypocrite I truly am.

I have been actively involved in a variety of projects, issues and organisations concerning the waterways, since I was a teenager.

Now, at 41, after having one boat destroyed because thieves took the solar panels keeping her afloat and another one destroyed because vandals decided to set her alight, I beg your forgiveness for turning my back on the inland waterways for a weekend and going to look after my sea boat.

The fact that I am unable to come to yet another committee meeting has not stopped me contributing financially and, if the meeting was a bankside protest rather than another cosy chat then I would make time to be there.

As usual with all topics / postings and this one in particular Carl "T" has to have the monopoly say, his views ,his experiences ,and as always he has just shot himself in the foot on this posting.

His boat sank------- his boat burnt down, and as he previously states he is as happy as a pig in s--t moored where he his paying a fraction of what everyone else pays, could be me but I think some people are kidding themselves on somewhat, the rose tinted glasses Carl "T" uses must have really pretty views to put up with that lot. Still people who want to live in reconstituted trees deserve all they get.

PS Just watched Egg Heads and you didnt appear to have got on the team yet Carl old Boy?????

As usual with all topics / postings and this one in particular Carl "T" has to have the monopoly say, his views ,his experiences ,and as always he has just shot himself in the foot on this posting.

His boat sank------- his boat burnt down, and as he previously states he is as happy as a pig in s--t moored where he his paying a fraction of what everyone else pays, could be me but I think some people are kidding themselves on somewhat, the rose tinted glasses Carl "T" uses must have really pretty views to put up with that lot. Still people who want to live in reconstituted trees deserve all they get.

PS Just watched Egg Heads and you didnt appear to have got on the team yet Carl old Boy?????

What a tiny little llife you must have if you have to follow me round the forum trying to belittle me. You don't have the brain power to argue against my points so you have to resort to insults.

You are a truly insignificant worm and I, like others, I'm sure, am fed up of your shallow, narrow minded comments.

Go away Chris, you're boring.

Save our Waterways. Pub at Foxton Locks iirc. Details are on the forum somewhere (Though not on the SOW website).

I think the SOW website died with Mike Stevens. The meeting is 1st Dec 11am at the Blackhorse pub Main street Foxton. If you email Will on (abreviated narrowboat)quidditch@dsldotpipexdotcom he will send aggenda and map.

hope you can work out email address

Sue

Well it seems that some plucky individual has just bid and won at £600 over the guide price for the 21metre mooring at Gayton. Blimmin' great, that works out at £50 a month over the guide, which pro-rata on length works out at £38 a month for my boat..... Multiplied by the number of boats at the mooring....

Perhaps with that extra income they'll properly secure the car park and lay the hedges rather than just cut them and leave the thorns over the towpath.