ONLINE AUCTION- On Instructions of the Canal & River Trust, Sale of Surplus Work Craft, Contractors Plant and Grounds Equipment

nbfiresprite

Featured Posts

This appeared on my facebook feed while facetiming with my girls. Like most boaters, I thought that CRT had aready sold everything not nailed down years ago. Even sets of  lock gates are up for auction. 159 pages in the catlog

ONLINE AUCTION- On Instructions of the Canal & River Trust- Sale of Surplus Work Craft, Contractors Plant and Grounds Equipment- -See auction catalogue at www.iaservices.co.uk includes ‘Virago’ Patrol Boat,‘Chubb’ & ‘Tame’ Workboats (No engines),Ramped Hopper 15.8m Length, Hopper Pontoon, Range of Wide & Narrow Hoppers
Marina Walkway,Lister, Perkins & Deutz Engines
Composite Lock Gates
Contractors, Grounds and Woodworking Equipment including:
Grove Coles ‘AP415’ Mobile Crane (Similar to Iron Fairy)
Atlas ‘AK3006B’ Hydraulic Arm, Range of Hydraulic Grabs, Kubota ‘KLS180’ Backactor Attachments, Godwin ‘CD100’ 4” Pump
Balmoral Welfare Units with Whispa Generators, Wadkin Bursgreen ‘DM’ Chisel Morticer, Wadking Bursgreen ‘24BSW; Saw Bench
Wilson Planer Thicknesser 18” x 8” Capacity, Large Quantity of Oak Beams(various sizes), Extensive Range of Chains, Slings, Hoists, Tirfor Winches and Shackles

Edited by nbfiresprite

9 hours ago, Ronaldo47 said:

Does this imply that they are giving up maintenance, outsourcing maintenance,  or are they just replacing  the equipment being sold by newer stuff and need to make room for it? 

"Giving up maintenance" implies they did maintenance 

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Machpoint005 said:

Forget canals. A lock gate would be an excellent way to acquire chunks of oak, for any number of purposes.

Yes it would but then there is all the metal framing to remove first (they are not wooden lock gates), far better to actually buy one of the 'lots'' of oak timber.

I'm assuming the lock gates being sold are 25 year old ones they're scrapping, so I'm not sure they'd be up to much more than decorating someone's garden.

Or cutting up to build a superstructure on top of a 72' x 10' hopper (partially sunk, located in London area) to build someone's dream home, I guess.

Edited by enigmatic