Crank shaft 

Camshaft 

1 high compression head 

Pulley that goes onto the flywheel 

Open to offers 

More than welcome if you want to pop in and have a look 

Post code PE85SA 

Regards ptolemy 

Sorry it's taken a while to reply, but only just secured the purchase of the Boat.

When it gets nearer i'll give you a call and come up to see the stock you have.

I am hoping one J3 is like all J3's. 

Someone will no doubt correct me if i am wrong.

All J3's are basically the same. Some are petrol start and some are diesel starting.  The cylinder heads and intake pipework/starting valve/petrol combustion chamber are different.  The direct diesel start heads have  a different shaped combustion chamber ( venturi in Kelvin speak) and are scarcer than petrol start heads.

There are two sorts of governor.  They are interchangeable.  The vertical piston one is made in bronze so is prettier if polished up.

There are two sorts of water pump.  They are interchangeable. The double acting one is probably better for prolonged high power work, but has a leather plunger. Which you have to make.

There are two sorts of gearbox.  One  with lined male cone clutches and the earlier style with metal to metal clutches.

There are lots of different magnetos...........

N

• Greenie 2

Just now, BEngo said:

All J3's are basically the same. Some are petrol start and some are diesel starting.  The cylinder heads and intake pipework/starting valve/petrol combustion chamber are different.  The direct diesel start heads have  a different shaped combustion chamber ( venturi in Kelvin speak) and are scarcer than petrol start heads.

There are two sorts of governor.  They are interchangeable.  The vertical piston one is made in bronze so is prettier if polished up.

There are two sorts of water pump.  They are interchangeable. The double acting one is probably better for prolonged high power work, but has a leather plunger. Which you have to make.

There are two sorts of gearbox.  One  with lined male cone clutches and the earlier style with metal to metal clutches.

There are lots of different magnetos...........

N

So when you say "All J3's are basically the same", what you *really* mean is they're all different... 😉

• Greenie 1

4 hours ago, NobbyHall said:

Sorry it's taken a while to reply, but only just secured the purchase of the Boat.

When it gets nearer i'll give you a call and come up to see the stock you have.

I am hoping one J3 is like all J3's. 

Someone will no doubt correct me if i am wrong.

Hi no worries just let me know when you would like to call in  regards ptolemy

• Greenie 1