E-mail address for Stone Boatbuilders

frahkn

Featured Posts

56 minutes ago, David Mack said:

490225907_Screenshot_20221031-115102_SamsungInternet.jpg.8293b4e6757270577b8bfc0dcffb38dd.jpg

Perhaps it's because the company was dissolved 2 years ago.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/05780248

Well they appeared to exist when they blacked my boat in May 2021. 

If I imagined it then I am further gone than I thought I was (come to think of it, the boat's hull will be too).

1 hour ago, alan_fincher said:

No, I really wanted to e-mail some information.

1 hour ago, Athy said:

The Boatingbusiness.com web site gives a telephone number for them, si if you need their e-mail address you could ring them and ask them for it.

Yes Athy, I could.

1 hour ago, Arthur Marshall said:

If it's the same business as the big chandlery that was at Stone, it's defunct. Last time I went past it was a bicycle warehouse, and it looked like that was going broke too  But maybe it isn't?

Bicycles had gone when I passed it last time and sure it was empty.

Wasnt that long ago but cant remember exactly when.

2 hours ago, frahkn said:

Well they appeared to exist when they blacked my boat in May 2021. 

If I imagined it then I am further gone than I thought I was (come to think of it, the boat's hull will be too).

No, I really wanted to e-mail some information.

Yes Athy, I could.

The 2016 archive of their website says: email stonechandlery@aol.com or kartus2@aol.com

The company still shows as active on companies house (Kathleen Artus is shown as company secretary so that second address might still work)

Edited by alias

2 hours ago, Arthur Marshall said:

If it's the same business as the big chandlery that was at Stone, it's defunct. Last time I went past it was a bicycle warehouse, and it looked like that was going broke too  But maybe it isn't?

Yes, the bicycle warehouse is no more.

Stone boatbuilders is the business at Yard lock, associated with the boat hire business.

4 hours ago, alias said:

The company still shows as active on companies house (Kathleen Artus is shown as company secretary so that second address might still work)

No the company is shown as dissolved on the Companies House website - see my link earlier. The most recent directors and secretary are still listed.

2 hours ago, alias said:

The boat hire business at Yard Lock trades as canalcruising.co.uk mail@canalcruising.co.uk

And has done since 1948, under the Wyatt family.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00447864

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

No the company is shown as dissolved on the Companies House website - see my link earlier. The most recent directors and secretary are still listed.

It depends on which of the entries comes up in the search it seems. The first of these two was the most recent owner of the web page that you screenshot. Sorry I missed that you had added a companies house link to that post.

image.png.1f8f93e52ad7de35255f5744b1d7cedf.png

image.png.5b194ce19d202f6bd59e1f63d8fc1b2f.png

Edited by alias

It seems the work to the OP's boat was done by the Canal Cruising Co, yet he has sent us on a wild goose chase for the Stone Boat Building Co which seems to have comprised two companies, one dissolved and one not trading but with debts of £19,000.

Why does the OP want to email them? If they don't post an email address on their website then they don't want to be contacted by email, and think it quite likely that any email which does reach their mail system may well remain unread.

13 hours ago, David Mack said:

It seems the work to the OP's boat was done by the Canal Cruising Co, yet he has sent us on a wild goose chase for the Stone Boat Building Co which seems to have comprised two companies, one dissolved and one not trading but with debts of £19,000.

Why does the OP want to email them? If they don't post an email address on their website then they don't want to be contacted by email, and think it quite likely that any email which does reach their mail system may well remain unread.

I called in and spoke to them about a week ago concerning some prospective work on my boat. I walked into the office (the only office on site) and spoke to a guy (the only guy on site at the time). We didn't get into any discussion of which company, its trading status or the nature of its debts.

The 'bosses' (his words) were away on holiday but he took the details and said someone would phone me when they got back. Which, presumably, i.d.c they will.

In the interim I thought it would be useful if I explained the work required in more detail, perhaps with some photo's. That is why I wished to e-mail them.

Why you should wish to know this is a mystery to me but I am happy to satisfy your curiosity.

On 01/11/2022 at 15:01, JamesWoolcock said:

Ring Kathy Artus on 07970 021607

Phoned Kathy, unfortunately they are not taking on new work until June.

They have a boat (I think for the hire fleet) to fit out.

But thanks all the same.