A wet day on KELPIE !

haggis

Featured Posts

A later start today and went to BC museum to fill with water and dump rubbish. The rain started after we set off again and by the time we got to Braids it was torrential. Had to run water down to get out of second lock . Moored briefly, lit fire and changed out of wet clothes and put on more waterproofs. That did it ! We didn't have so much rain after that. Did the loops and what a lot of demolition and development since we were last here.

Now that the conference is over there don't seem to be any mooring restrictions and we are moored along from the top of Farmers Bridge ready for the descent in the morning.

21 minutes ago, Ianws said:

I had read the bull was being removed at the end of September. 

Then the conservative party conference turned up.

Seriously, I believe it was being removed and locals weren't happy it was going   

I was suprised to see it fairly close by in front of me as I walked round next to the Cafe. Seems it is (or was then  at least) in a car park in Ladywood.

It had definitely moved from centenary square when we were there last week. We wondered where they'd put it.

As far as I know after all the public support for keeping it they were going to take it away for a period to prepare it for permanent display, as it wasn't designed to be kept. Presumably they need to do something to remove the JCB from under it.

There is talk of it being permanently displayed in New Street station.