CaRT designer clothing to buy now.

PD1964

Featured Posts

8 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Out of my price range, I pay about £2 for a tee shirt not £20 from Aldi or The Factory Shop. But I hope its a success and another income stream for them rather than the usual white elephant they tend to keep

I've seen quite a few YouTubers doing this marketing, other items are available, hats, mugs etc. I think it must be quite inexpensive to set up, no stock as such, well let's hope not or I can see problems ahead.

I thought that plastic bag was a sort of Victorian truss, so at least it had impact.

Unfortunately I don't like them enough to buy anything, but others will.. I can usually identify boaters by cheery greeting on towpath, but it's part of 'raising awareness', which is OK

Edited by LadyG

3 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I've seen quite a few YouTubers doing this marketing, other items are available, hats, mugs etc. I think it must be quite inexpensive to set up, no stock as such, well let's hope not or I can see problems ahead.

It is free to setup and Teemill do the printing and delivery and hold the stock.

• Happy 1

56 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Hard to tell if it official, the site is provided by Teemill Tech Ltd which look like they produce custom printed items and anyone can set up a trading site through them.

52 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

It is free to setup and Teemill do the printing and delivery and hold the stock.

There is no stock of finished items - only of the plain unprinted goods. Teemill and the like print each order on demand. They presumably have a sophisticated ordering and printing setup that just queues each order (from a range of different clients) to be automatically printed, packed and dispatched. The setup costs and running costs for the website are minimal, but the retail sale cost may be higher than mass produced goods due to the low volumes for each item.

47 minutes ago, BEngo said:

Not going there, but does the men's section have a proper trilby, red/white neckerchief, collarless shirt and  weskit set?

Or perhaps a flat 'at and bib-and brace overall?

N

Oh , I didn't know that was de regeur, I've just given my bib and brace outfit to the charity shop, a fashion item three years ago, worn very few times, never seemed to be suitable for anything but gardening.

2 hours ago, PD1964 said:

Is this for real. CaRT now doing designer clothing for the fashion conscious boater/Canal user. 

https://canalrivertrustfashion.co.uk/collection/mens/

I'm not so sure. I can't see a link to it on the main CRT website. The domain name 'canalrivertrustfashion.co.uk' is registered through a different registrar to 'canalrivertrust.org.uk', but in both cases the name of the owner of the domain is redacted, so you can't check who owns the new domain.

The new website uses the CRT branding, so would be a breach of CRT's intellectual property rights if unauthorised, but the actual goods for sale just seem to bear generic canal-related images, rather than any specific CRT branding.

Under the website Ts and Cs the site seems to operate on behalf of "CanalRiverTrust", which is not a format of the name I have ever seen CRT use.

3 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I'm not so sure. I can't see a link to it on the main CRT website. The domain name 'canalrivertrustfashion.co.uk' is registered through a different registrar to 'canalrivertrust.org.uk', but in both cases the name of the owner of the domain is redacted, so you can't check who owns the new domain.

The new website uses the CRT branding, so would be a breach of CRT's intellectual property rights if unauthorised, but the actual goods for sale just seem to bear generic canal-related images, rather than any specific CRT branding.

Under the website Ts and Cs the site seems to operate on behalf of "CanalRiverTrust", which is not a format of the name I have ever seen CRT use.

It must be something to do with CaRT???? but if you click on the CaRT logo you would think it would go to the main CaRT homepage, but I’d doesn’t, also seen no links on the official CaRT site, or any news flash on Boaters updates.

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

Teemill and the like print each order on demand. 

I have been involved with a retailer who does  exactly that at the warehouse. 

Seems like a good idea really, not that I will be rushing to place an order .

image.png.6a3c9eea9817190853ea8fb03c1e99ea.png

2 hours ago, BEngo said:

Or perhaps a flat 'at and bib-and brace overall?

N

I wear bib and brace in the summer, boiler suit in Autum and spring, thermal overalls in the winter.

1 hour ago, David Mack said:

A couple of the jigsaw are very CRT like

I do buy plain t-shirts and sweatshirts from https://rapanuiclothing.com/mens-organic-clothing/ who also use teemills. They are more expensive than supermarket products but  organic and recyclable and seem good quality that will last a lot longer. They are wash at 30 degres and no tumble drying. I think because the cotton is not treated. I wouldn't pay extra for anything with a logo or print design but we did buy one as a birthday present for a friend (not a crt design).

10 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

Done in the style of the London underground maps where the elsans are the stations?

Wouldn't having this information printed on a pair of trousers be more appr

1 minute ago, Up-Side-Down said:

....opriate? (sorry, had to run)

14 minutes ago, Up-Side-Down said:

....opriate? (sorry, had to run)

Not really, if the one you wanted is printed on the rear of the trousers you’d need to drop them to access that information, which could be misinterpreted by members of the public as you furtively seek the relevant bit. Next thing you know its… “This is your action news reporter down at the elsan point. Pardon me, sir, did you see what happened?” Boogity boogity. :) 

YouTubers Minimal List have an alternative map of the canals, not sure if they do T shirts. I'd like a map in wipe clean laminate so I can colour in stoppages, and update as more and more are added, needs to be poster size, or in sections. Preferably showing locks.

I'm still using a tee shirt I bougth from Nauticalia way back in 1992.

https://www.nauticalia.com/

It has the naval flags signifying "wreck".

It is a little faded but otherwise undamaged and I wear it at least once a week.

I don't know if there current range are of such quality (I doubt it) but it has proved excellent value.