'View New Content' preceded by huge list

Puffling
Go to solution Solved by RichM,

Featured Posts

Screenshot_2022-09-28-07-53-19-567_org.mozilla.firefox.jpg.a5668409cab3236ab438eb4dbc10adb2.jpgFor the last few days, "show new content" shows a huge list at the top, requiring me to scroll down to find the first post. This behaviour is the same on mobile and desktop versions of the site. The list, if it must be shown (and I doubt anyone needs it) should be by default collapsed, with an arrow to expand it.

9 minutes ago, David Mack said:

I set up my own custom VNC Activity Stream some time ago when the default VNC was not working. That still has the compact header, but if I try the default VNC I get my screen filled as others have.

It's not just the unnecessary huge list of boards that is disappointing, it's the whole layout o the home screen with its acres of wasted space.

I've commented on it many times over the years but I think its a function of the forum software rather than how the technical mods have it configured. I think the Invision programmers assume everyone views the forum on a 26" desktop monitor. 

31 minutes ago, MtB said:

It's not just the unnecessary huge list of boards that is disappointing, it's the whole layout o the home screen with its acres of wasted space.

I've commented on it many times over the years but I think its a function of the forum software rather than how the technical mods have it configured. I think the Invision programmers assume everyone views the forum on a 26" desktop monitor. 

I watch it on a 22"desktop monitor, and it takes up the entire screen. Very annoying, and completely uneccessary

11 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

Its weird then. I use a 14 inch chromebook and a cheapo android fone, no change with either.

Are you using the default VNC or your own custom VNC...?  A custom one does not have the comments added that the default has and it looks like something has changed to start displaying the comments.

48 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

Are you using the default VNC or your own custom VNC...?  A custom one does not have the comments added that the default has and it looks like something has changed to start displaying the comments.

I am not tech savvy?? I doubt I would no how to customise anything?? although I may have followed some good advice back in time you gave about how to do it. I do recall Ive set mine so the Politics section isnt accessed with VNC, I have that seperate.

This has happened before, either that or something changed in the Matrix :D 

You can scroll down the Technical & Account Support category and find similar quite easily.

Might need turning off and back on again.

11 minutes ago, Athy said:

Drat! That blooming advert will be going through my head for hours: "Hello Tosh, got a Toshiba?"

Don’t start thinking about the Scotch skeleton singing “re-record not fade away” then ;) 

• Horror 1

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

This has happened before, either that or something changed in the Matrix :D 

You can scroll down the Technical & Account Support category and find similar quite easily.

Might need turning off and back on again.

Don’t start thinking about the Scotch skeleton singing “re-record not fade away” then ;) 

The late Dereck Guyler.

Edited by Ray T
  • Greenie 1

5 minutes ago, Ray T said:

The late Dereck Guiler?

Happy days, Mum bought a three or five pack from the supermarket on the strength of that advert, i can still remember the biblical telling off i got for recording eps of The Power Hour over a re-run of Brideshead Revisited she’d wanted to keep :D 

5 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Happy days, Mum bought a three or five pack from the supermarket on the strength of that advert, i can still remember the biblical telling off i got for recording eps of The Power Hour over a re-run of Brideshead Revisited she’d wanted to keep :D 

Bloody hell was that 35 years ago :o I was just a baby in my thirties then, it seems like that ad was only on yesterday lol.

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

I do not have a "View New Content" button, I have (and use) "New Posts" (Right hand side below "search") and do not have the same huge list - it goes straight into the list of new posts since my last visit.

Looks to me like you're getting the same as everyone else, but you have slimmed down the number of forums that you get stuff from?