Blue Sign

beerbeerbeerbeerbeer

Featured Posts

You can never have enough threads on Blue Signs so here’s another 

B0A4814F-E63A-42E6-928C-5C0F72E570C5.jpeg.d28b4543c1f66cc22b3c6442f71d28be.jpeg

I can’t believe my eyes. 

Will someone please point out the two glaring mistakes and reassure me its not me going bonkers. 
Or am I missing something?

This by the way, for those who have never had the joy of Lane Head moorings, is on the BCN

Edited by Goliath
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

The two mistakes I spotted are 1 widebeam on a narrow canal and the choice of 7 days or 2 days for how long you might stay.

Thanks

Im not going bonkers. 

Im gonna email this to CRT and ask them to explain. 
It’s awful. 

Plus, dunno if anyone has ever used the mooring there? But you’d really need some particular reason to want to spend more than a day there. So why the need to be so heavy handed? Why 2 day all year round?

It’s not like Head Lane is a honey spot. 

I believe it’s further proliferation  of the 2 day sign to make the boater believe they can no longer use the 14 day rule. 
More signs, more people will believe it. 
Keep putting up the 2 day sign, keep them moving. 

I have used these moorings and they really are a welcome stop over after dragging me ass around the curly bits. But are they used more frequently than I think? I see few boats. on those parts. 

Edited by Goliath

Yes CRT should be ashamed. 
I wrote them an email and they said they will have it changed ASAP. 

🤷‍♀️ Whether they will?

And they confirmed it’s a 2 day restriction. 
I see 2 days really is the standard sign everywhere for restrictions on moorings now, even though we can have 14 days. 

It really is hard work on that canal the pubs should have better beer to make it more worthwhile 😃

How would the normal winter extended stay be interpreted, is it two days all year round,  or is it seven days all year round?

I am not clear how the CRT decide about two day or other restrictions, how does that align with 14  days, which is writ in law?

16 minutes ago, LadyG said:

How would the normal winter extended stay be interpreted, is it two days all year round,  or is it seven days all year round?

I am not clear how the CRT decide about two day or other restrictions, how does that align with 14  days, which is writ in law?

With that particular sign it’s 2 days all year round, which is totally bonkers. 

I don’t know how they decide either. 
Especially in out of the way places like Lane Head with no facilities other than a caged mooring. 

Regards the law 🤷‍♀️
Seems totally unlawful to me. 

If the moorings are little used then I might spend a few extra days. If it’s obviously a busy spot with a shortage of space then I’ll shove off and get out the way. 

I’ve moored a couple of times this year on 48 hr moorings and not seen anyone, so stayed maybe 4 or 5 days before I’ve moved off. 

• Horror 1

It does seem to depend in some locations, there has been the same boats in Great Haywood on the 48hr moorings since at least Thursday as I've walked past them everyday and there has at most been two available spaces which hasn't been helped by the big git gaps either. Most are traders, but my understanding is traders are allowed to arrive on Friday, trade over the weekend and leave on Monday so it will be interesting to see how many leave tomorrow.

12 minutes ago, Rob-M said:

It does seem to depend in some locations, there has been the same boats in Great Haywood on the 48hr moorings since at least Thursday as I've walked past them everyday and there has at most been two available spaces which hasn't been helped by the big git gaps either. Most are traders, but my understanding is traders are allowed to arrive on Friday, trade over the weekend and leave on Monday so it will be interesting to see how many leave tomorrow.

I think generally there is a disregard for the 2 day restrictions, and by all sorts of boaters.

The restrictions are no longer short stretches but now take up long stretches of the bank.

39 minutes ago, Goliath said:

I wouldn’t look so shocked LadyG 

When did you last move? 😎😂

I've moved off the 48 hour mooring, it's still empty!

I might be back next week to bunker up!

CRT expect to re water in about five days, or maybe six. Exciting times :)

Edited by LadyG

4 minutes ago, Heartland said:

It really is hard work on that canal the pubs should have better beer to make it more worthwhile....

You will have to look for a Holdens

I was in the Great Western the other afternoon with plenty of choice for Holdens which I do like,

but I must admit I went for the Bathams Bitter instead. 

• 1 month later...

A brand new blue sign has appeared at my mooring. IMG_20221111_091031.jpg.4f9b78215decbc0cbc1597c090bea640.jpg

What does this mean? I don't want to get in to trouble. Any help with understanding CaRT's instructions. Some possibilities I've come up with:

• Only non berth holders are allowed to unlock the gate but don't have a key and are not allowed to pass the blue sign?
  • Only berth holders and CaRT staff and contractors have keys that fit the lock. Can CaRT staff and contractors pass the blue sign after unlocking the gate? Can we have a CaRT concierge on duty to unlock the gate for us?
  • Berth holders have keys, but can't unlock the gate, so without a CaRT concierge on duty, we must find some other way to get to our boats. Climb round the sides, a Fosbury flop over the top (mind the spikes!), pole vault with a long shaft, limbo underneath, swim, use a dinghy to reach the sides. All tricky with shopping, or a full cassette.

Please help!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

A brand new blue sign has appeared at my mooring. IMG_20221111_091031.jpg.4f9b78215decbc0cbc1597c090bea640.jpg

What does this mean? I don't want to get in to trouble. Any help with understanding CaRT's instructions. Some possibilities I've come up with:

• Only non berth holders are allowed to unlock the gate but don't have a key and are not allowed to pass the blue sign?
  • Only berth holders and CaRT staff and contractors have keys that fit the lock. Can CaRT staff and contractors pass the blue sign after unlocking the gate? Can we have a CaRT concierge on duty to unlock the gate for us?
  • Berth holders have keys, but can't unlock the gate, so without a CaRT concierge on duty, we must find some other way to get to our boats. Climb round the sides, a Fosbury flop over the top (mind the spikes!), pole vault with a long shaft, limbo underneath, swim, use a dinghy to reach the sides. All tricky with shopping, or a full cassette.

Please help!

Obviously No 3 as the sign says to keep this gate locked at all times. Therefore, use of keys to unlock it is forbidden. Even with a CRT concierge hanging around.

• Greenie 1

8 minutes ago, MtB said:

Obviously No 3 as the sign says to keep this gate locked at all times. Therefore, use of keys to unlock it is forbidden. Even with a CRT concierge hanging around.

Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps the blue shirt concierge could mark my jump over the spikes on technical skill and artistic interpretation.