Favourite 3 tunnels

Philip

Featured Posts

23 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

Surly that happens with all one way tunnels, Chirk, Whitehouse, Gosty Hill and all the rest

I have been told that I should not have entered Newbold tunnel whilst a boat was in the tunnel coming toward me.

N

Newbold Tunnel seems quite tight for passing boats due to the safety chain & board.  We were pushed against the side by a passing boat - gunwale scratched, not happy.  More recently we have twice encountered canoes in there.  The other day one, not displaying a light, followed us through.

14 hours ago, BEngo said:

I have been told that I should not have entered Newbold tunnel whilst a boat was in the tunnel coming toward me.

N

Taking its status as a narrow canal a little too far?

Do you know what the signage says? I’d be surprised if it doesn’t say it’s two way working.

I once seemed to annoy the skipper of a boat coming the other way by not waiting at Brandwood.

You don’t get a good view on approach to Brandwood, nor at Newbold from the south, which means you’re not necessarily in a good position to wait or regulate your approach to pass just outside.