Weight of centre cockpit Dawncraft 30ft

tezanelvan

Featured Posts

23 minutes ago, tezanelvan said:

Hi I need to transport my Dawncraft 30 ft centre cockpit and the transporter needs the weight. I see to remember 3 tons being mentioned but I’m not sure. Does anyone know for sure? Cheers Tez

No,not for sure, but similar grp boats, eg Norman 23 weighs about one ton normally equipped.

I doubt if your Dawncraft will weigh three tons.

There is a Dawncraft owner's group on Facebook, who no doubt can provide the information you require, but you will need to apply to join the group.

I applied to join but my application was refused!

Perhaps they know something about me that I don't!

1 hour ago, Tracy D'arth said:

Work it out from the displacement? Hull wet area X depth of immersion.  May give you an idea.

Not so easy on a boat with a V bottom and noat-shaped curves. Easier and more accurate for a square section narrowboat with short swims.

For a boat of this age the weight will depend on what has been done to it over the years. If it has been refitted with furniture made from thick plywood and had a cast iron stove added it will weigh rather more than with the original builder's fitout.

4 hours ago, David Mack said:

Not so easy on a boat with a V bottom and noat-shaped curves. Easier and more accurate for a square section narrowboat with short swims.

For a boat of this age the weight will depend on what has been done to it over the years. If it has been refitted with furniture made from thick plywood and had a cast iron stove added it will weigh rather more than with the original builder's fitout.

My 36 foot x 14 foot GRP cruiser weighs between 10 and 11 tons (two different cranes) so there is no " they are standard they all weigh a couple of tons"

Tell the haulage company it is around 5 tons and you should be fine - it is unlikelty to be more but the crane driver will soon tell you if it is.

9 hours ago, Mad Harold said:

I applied to join but my application was refused!

Facey groups sometimes require you to answer a couple of simple questions when you apply to join, these are easily missed if in a rush, without the answers they assume you're a bot or similar and instantly reject.

If you're still bothered, give it another go and double check you didn't miss owt.

Or, you seem a bit shady and that's why you were rejected :D 

1 hour ago, Hudds Lad said:

Facey groups sometimes require you to answer a couple of simple questions when you apply to join, these are easily missed if in a rush, without the answers they assume you're a bot or similar and instantly reject.

If you're still bothered, give it another go and double check you didn't miss owt.

If we had that would it stop the bots joining

10 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

Facey groups sometimes require you to answer a couple of simple questions

Well, I did tell them I was in Huddersfield and have owned a couple of Normans.

Perhaps that started their alarm bells ringing!   🐸

• Greenie 1