Washing machine issue. Is it time for a new one?

Leemc

Featured Posts

Afternoon all,

Got a problem with our Candy Aqua 1000 T washing machine. 

It stops before it gets to the end. Doesn't spin or empty.( had to empty manually)

The filter is clear and discharge hose / skin fitting appear to be clear.

After checked everything, tried a small load on another cycle and same thing happened.

Any ideas or are we getting a new one?

cheers in advance.

1 hour ago, Quattrodave said:

What's your power source, inverter, generator, shore power? Have you tried a different power source?

Thanks Quattro, both times this has occurred we have been in and out of locks so revs would've been down to tick over. Could this situation cause machine to stop?

Not familiar with that machine, but I remember one of my old ones developing a similar fault. It was controlled by a rotary timer switch which clicked down as the cycle progressed. A burnt out contact was the cause. Ended up replacing the timer/switch.

• 2 weeks later...

Joining this topic for some advice as well. Had boat 8 weeks with candy aquamatic on board. Run test wash with no clothes. Machine appears to work fine but water only part drains at the end. Have tried to get it to manually drain and spin but still left with 3 inches of water in the bottomed time.

The washer was originally on a bench top in a utility space with discharge hose going down to Hull outlet but we've replumbed it to sit under the bench so discharge hose now runs upwards to Hull outlet just under the Gunwales. Could that be the issue or something else? 

Sorry I forgot to update our problem. Would you believe that original owners had not removed the machines transit bolts and had wedged polystyrene in between drum and casing to stop it shaking. How it ever worked and didn’t tear itself apart is a mystery. 
Bolts and polystyrene removed and now working perfectly( spin now super smooth). 

12 minutes ago, Spudwynk said:

Joining this topic for some advice as well. Had boat 8 weeks with candy aquamatic on board. Run test wash with no clothes. Machine appears to work fine but water only part drains at the end. Have tried to get it to manually drain and spin but still left with 3 inches of water in the bottomed time.

The washer was originally on a bench top in a utility space with discharge hose going down to Hull outlet but we've replumbed it to sit under the bench so discharge hose now runs upwards to Hull outlet just under the Gunwales. Could that be the issue or something else? 

That all sounds very similar to our issues, but I don’t think our cause will be sane as yours.

Will let the techies on here take over.

Good luck

• Greenie 1
  • Horror 1

2 minutes ago, Leemc said:

Sorry I forgot to update our problem. Would you believe that original owners had not removed the machines transit bolts and had wedged polystyrene in between drum and casing to stop it shaking. How it ever worked and didn’t tear itself apart is a mystery. 
Bolts and polystyrene removed and now working perfectly( spin now super smooth). 

They do come with the polystyrene in there for transit, it looks like its simply never been commisioned from day one lol. Good update, it shows you can never be sure of anything unless you have had, and installed yourself from new :cheers:

On 15/09/2022 at 19:00, Loddon said:

Mine candy  does this all the time. I end up running 3 cycles manually.

Wash

Rinse

Spin

Always been like that

Thanks for this tip

I played about and worked out I needed to turn it off and on between programmes rather than just moving the dial

Got it to fully drain now

Full of gunk inside but that's another problem. Reckon it's been sat unused for q good few years

5 minutes ago, Spudwynk said:

Thanks for this tip

I played about and worked out I needed to turn it off and on between programmes rather than just moving the dial

Full of gunk inside but that's another problem. Reckon it's been sat unused for q good few years

If it is fouled up inside, the pressure switch chamber will be full of "gunk" too which will cause it to either not fill, overfill or not drain properly.

28 minutes ago, Spudwynk said:

Thanks for this tip

I might add that mine is only like that on the inverter.

I seem to remember on shore power its fine but its been a while since I used it.