Wood Seller - Willington Area on the Trent & Mersey

JoeC

Featured Posts

Hello.

Just bought some wood from the following seller on Facebook Marketplace and said that I would pass his details around should anybody want to use him. We got him to come to the public car park next to The Dragon pub which is right next to the tow path. I shared the wood with another boater as I did not need all of that wood! I chose him as he was local and does smaller sized cuts as I have a small stove - sizes ranged between approx. 6 to 10 inches.

Base price was £75 for approx. 700kg of semi-seasoned mixed soft/hardwoods, £15 delivery and £5 should you want him to help off-loading the wood for you.

Will Gall.

07762 712427.

He will deliver within about a 20 mile radius but give him a call to discuss.

ATB

Joe

7 hours ago, JoeC said:

Hello.

Just bought some wood from the following seller on Facebook Marketplace and said that I would pass his details around should anybody want to use him. We got him to come to the public car park next to The Dragon pub which is right next to the tow path. I shared the wood with another boater as I did not need all of that wood! I chose him as he was local and does smaller sized cuts as I have a small stove - sizes ranged between approx. 6 to 10 inches.

Base price was £75 for approx. 700kg of semi-seasoned mixed soft/hardwoods, £15 delivery and £5 should you want him to help off-loading the wood for you.

Will Gall.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

He will deliver within about a 20 mile radius but give him a call to discuss.

ATB

Joe

Not wanting to get him in trouble it may be advisable to remove his contact details.

It is now illegal to sell un-seasoned wood in quantities of under 2 cubes. ("semi-seasoned'is not seasoned) and a declaration that it contains under 20% moisture..

Also worth resing therules on 'over 2 cubes'.

Small volumes of wood

You can only supply or sell wood fuel in volumes of less than 2 cubic metres if it is certified as ‘Ready to Burn’. This confirms it has a moisture content of 20% or less.

The Ready to Burn certification scheme applies to:

• firewood in single retail bags
  • firewood supplied as a bulk delivery in loose volumes of less than 2 cubic metres
  • wood briquettes in single retail bags
  • wood briquettes supplied as a bulk delivery in loose volumes of less than 2 cubic metres

You could be fined if:

• you’ve stored wood so it has a moisture content of more than 20%
  • the wood does not have the ‘Ready to Burn’ logo or is not labelled correctly

You could get a:

• £300 fixed penalty fine issued by your local authority
  • fine of more than £300 depending on the severity of the offence issued by the courts

You do not need to get wood fuel sales of 2 cubic metres or more certified. You can include a note when you deliver the wood to explain it is dry.

Suppliers who sell wood in volumes of 2 cubic metres or more must provide customers with this notice that explains how to dry, store and check the moisture of the wood before it is used. This also applies to small-scale wood producers.

Selling wood for domestic use in England - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk)

Edited by Alan de Enfield

Thanks for the heads up. I've spoken with Will and he is OK with everything and is still OK with his details being shown.

Below is his response ...

'No need to worry I'm already aware of the guidelines and I check every crate for its moisture content before I load it onto my truck. I wouldn't sell anything which was above 20% moisture. Obviously I can't check every individual log in each crate, that's why I advise customers to store the logs in a well ventilated place and to leave for a few weeks if possible before burning, just in case any moisture has built up during transportation'.

• Happy 1