I am bored

LadyG

Featured Posts

On 14/09/2022 at 16:32, ditchcrawler said:

Is that your first, you could always contact CRT and spend the morning explaining why you shouldn't have got a ticket

Yes, on that case, waiting for result, that's a good six day suspension of execution, the idea that enforcement is minimal on the C & H is incorrect, spotted again today!

I can't see the Rochdale opening up any time soon, but I don't want to be stranded at yet another crisis point, the flood siren has already been sounded this week,  and it's not even October! My original plan was to get up on the tops!

2 hours ago, cuthound said:

Surely all LadyG needs to do to alleviate the boredom is to do what thousands of other bored boaters do and shout insults at passing boaters who pass to quickly? 🤣😥

I don't think the passing boat has to be actually speeding for you to shout at it if you have been moored for 14 days

1 hour ago, LadyG said:

Yes, on that case, waiting for result, that's a good six day suspension of execution, the idea that enforcement is minimal on the C & H is incorrect, spotted again today!

I can't see the Rochdale opening up any time soon, but I don't want to be stranded at yet another crisis point, the flood siren has already been sounded this week,  and it's not even October! My original plan was to get up on the tops!

The Rochdale has a fair bit of water now, though maybe not enough for lots of boating (which does not happen on the Rochdae, especially in winter). I suspect they will not re-open it till the summit (lock 35) problem is fixed which is probably still a month away. If you are worried about flooding then you could ask to be let through, there are only two or three locks that are padlocked. However you have to go almost to the summit to be clear of the flood zone, and its said to be a strange and wild place up there. 😀

• Happy 1

Soldier Freddy was never ready,

But ! Soldier Neddy, unlike Freddy

Was always ready and steady,

That's why,

When soldier Neddy is outside

Buckingham Palace on guard

in the pouring wind and rain

being steady and ready,

Freddy is home in beddy.

Spike Milligan.

On 14/09/2022 at 11:18, LadyG said:

As title, I usually move on, but now it's ' a Stoppage.'

Apart from getting my first ever overstay notice, grrr!!!!I,   've run out of ideas.

Done a jigsaw, seen a film, been swimming regularly, walked alternative days, topped up food and drink, slept a lot, watched YouTube a lot.

Read a book.

Been to local museums 

Another film tomorrow.

Make a set of curtains for someone. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

1 hour ago, Goliath said:

If really bored you could make a set of curtains out of Lego supported  by a Meccano rail.🤪🤪

Edited by Jon57
Spelling

On 14/09/2022 at 18:48, LadyG said:

amazing, I did my cupboards and drawers two days ago, lol

C'est la vie?

All laundry done.

Been to Charity shop twice, to deposit stuff 

Checked all discounts on Tesco,

Wondering about celotex for porthole liners?

Wondering if I should go to London and sell boat for very large profit , probably not .

PS I knew this would happen once I retired, and still another twenty years to go!

There are blackberries outside, but small and sharp.

No plums or apples.

I have plums  apples and pears they are delicious 

There are lots of Blackberries around but have to be looked for. A fine crop above lock 2 will be ready tomorrow or the day after. You've just missed a fine crop of Hazelnuts on the steps up to lock 1, by the car park. Some greedy boater has just snaffled them all😉

If you want to watch paint dry I'm just about to paint my boat, well, the last coat on starboard side. Just below lock 1. 

Ask the circus performer just across the cut from you in Woodcutter to do a show for you. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, TheBiscuits said:

Train her up, Jim.  It worked well for Steve Royle ...

Tis another of my 'Prentices lives across the way from where @LadyG is moored. Both Mick and Steve came to the first juggling/Circus club I started in Rochdale in 1989.

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

Get on a bus and explore further afield than your boat.

I've been on a train, twice. Might try it again this week, a lot quicker than this boating business.

Reading another book.

I tried juggling once, I'm not a natural.

Been painting my model horses, thinking about selling some of the better ones on eBay.

Edited by LadyG

20 minutes ago, LadyG said:

I've been on a train, twice. Might try it again this week, a lot quicker than this boating business.

Reading another book.

I tried juggling once, I'm not a natural.

Been painting my model horses, thinking about selling some of the better ones on eBay.

Have a trip or two to the coast. Get some sea air and some fish and chips. 

We have been up to Fraisthorpe today. It was a beautiful day for a walk on the beach.