Need to live and rent boat monthly loughborough area

GracefulBoat

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, GracefulBoat said:

hi 

my name is Bernice

l am looking to rent a boat monthly to live in as l am moving out of my flat soon

wondered if there were any landlord boat people out there willing to rent to me ?

l would like to know the monthly rental price plus any bills

please call

A useful read/warning:

A word of warning about boat renting | London Boaters

10 minutes ago, GracefulBoat said:

hi 

my name is Bernice

l am looking to rent a boat monthly to live in as l am moving out of my flat soon

wondered if there were any landlord boat people out there willing to rent to me ?

l would like to know the monthly rental price plus any bills

please call

A private boat cannot be rented.

The requirements for renting boats are very different to owning a private boat with much more detailed (and severe) safety checks, landlords Gas and electric certificates, commercial insurance etc etc etc.

There are companies that do long term rentals (I think 3 months minimum) and they comply with all the legal requirements.

Companies such as Escape the Rat Race (etrr.co.uk)

Costs will be around £1000 - £3000 per month.

If you need to be in a fixed location for work etc, then you will have an additional cost of moorings, which could be £20-£25 per night in a marina + electric. If you are not tied to one location you can continually cruise just stopping a few days in each place before moving on.

Edited by Alan de Enfield

I will also add that Loughborough is a tricky area to CC in due to the River having very limited casual mooring so you would need to look at a permanent mooring in a local marina or mooring site.....thats without going into the debate that you can't CC in one area/navigation. 

Personally I would be looking for another flat unless you want the lifestyle...a suitable mooring is likely to cost around £3k per year plus licence etc....boats aren't a cheap way to live really...I speak as a live aboard of 30 years

Edited by frangar