Diesel heating system design - recommended suppliers/engineers/designers

TandC

Featured Posts

Morning all, 

Im looking at installing diesel heating for domestic hot water and heating on a 45x10ft new build, but know little of the competing systems nor the considerations around system design.  I've read various posts around their troublesome nature if not run for particular times, at particular capacities.

Being totally in the dark, I was keen to have a conversation with both a supplier so that I can get an understanding of options and costs, but also some guidance on system design.  What are the considerations for number radiators/heating capacity etc...  etc 

If anyone has had good experience of firms who can provide that advice I'd be grateful for recommendations.

Thanks Tim

1 hour ago, TandC said:

Morning all, 

Im looking at installing diesel heating for domestic hot water and heating on a 45x10ft new build, but know little of the competing systems nor the considerations around system design.  I've read various posts around their troublesome nature if not run for particular times, at particular capacities.

Being totally in the dark, I was keen to have a conversation with both a supplier so that I can get an understanding of options and costs, but also some guidance on system design.  What are the considerations for number radiators/heating capacity etc...  etc 

If anyone has had good experience of firms who can provide that advice I'd be grateful for recommendations.

Thanks Tim

I would read this, then ask questions on here

https://www.butlertechnik.com/downloads/Webasto_Install_Instructions_Marine_heating_systems.pdf

It was a few years ago I bought my system from them, and they were very helpful.

This will give you an idea of cost, but obviously pipes and rads are extra.  
https://www.butlertechnik.com/webasto-thermo-top-evo-5-diesel-narrowboat-kit-with-seven-day-timer-p2755

Edited by Chewbacka

I have an Autoterm heater fitted:

https://www.autoterm.com

mine is a wet (radiator) system, but I believe that their new air systems could suit boats.

they also have a remote control (via app and dongle) option for when you are away and a very good comfort controller. Their Facebook page is excellent for getting answers to questions.

mine has been reliable and it is cheaper than other similar options.