Appeal for help

locateinternational

Featured Posts

Good moring all, I am an investigator for the charity Locate International, and am hoping to speak with someone with good knowledge of the canal boat community to help us with a missing person / unidentified person case. We are looking to learn more about a specific boat / boat type. Would anyone be open to a short email exchange to help us with learning more about this wonderful community? You can read more about our charity to ensure our validity here: www.locate.international
Many thanks,
Freya

11 minutes ago, locateinternational said:
Good moring all, I am an investigator for the charity Locate International, and am hoping to speak with someone with good knowledge of the canal boat community to help us with a missing person / unidentified person case. We are looking to learn more about a specific boat / boat type. Would anyone be open to a short email exchange to help us with learning more about this wonderful community? You can read more about our charity to ensure our validity here: www.locate.international
Many thanks,
Freya

I think that you will need to provide a means of checking you are who you say and who you work for, There has been too many cases of different but similar asks in the past that have not been all they seem. We usually ask for a crime number that can be checked. I appreciate this may not involve a crime but how else can we know you are not part of a matrimonial dispute, are in dispute with a boater, and so on. I am afraid linking to a random website does not cut it as far as I am concerned, sorry

20 minutes ago, locateinternational said:
Many thanks,
Freya

Questions regarding "boat type" could be put on the open forum, I'm sure replies would be quickly made.

"Specific boat" answers will be much more guarded, as there have been problems in the past, regarding privacy etc.

Bod

8 minutes ago, locateinternational said:

Hi Tony - completely appreciate that and more than happy to provide further detail. I do have a registered email that I can contact you on if that would be sufficient. Alternatively, I will ask someone in our Management Team to contact you directly. All the best.

I am sorry but I don't know enough about boat types and boating people to help. As far as boat type is concerned it may need some photos to identify the builder but then we get into the invasion of privacy thing. Have you contacted CaRT on official paper to ask for their help?

22 minutes ago, locateinternational said:

Hi Tony, we will reach out to them now. All the best and thank you for your guidance.

A further though. If the person is felt to be vulnerable then I think CaRT have a welfare section, and it may help if you contact Canal Ministries and Waterways Chaplaincy. Although both are Christian based they will try to help anyone and have representatives all over the system.

https://www.canalministries.org.uk/

https://www.waterwayschaplaincy.org.uk/