Fuel pipe replacement

Lochwarden

Featured Posts

Hello all, new on here. Seems very informative, and looking forward to receiving advice and hopefully giving advice! I’ve just changed the fuel pipe from the lift pump to the fuel filter as it was weeping fuel from a tiny crack in the pipe near the lift pump union. What I need to know is do I just need open the bleed screw on the top of the filter housing to bleed the air out of the new pipe, using the lift pump, or is there more bleeding involved? Thanks, john. 

Sorry, it’s a 1.5 BMC.

39 minutes ago, Lochwarden said:

Hello all, new on here. Seems very informative, and looking forward to receiving advice and hopefully giving advice! I’ve just changed the fuel pipe from the lift pump to the fuel filter as it was weeping fuel from a tiny crack in the pipe near the lift pump union. What I need to know is do I just need open the bleed screw on the top of the filter housing to bleed the air out of the new pipe, using the lift pump, or is there more bleeding involved? Thanks, john. 

Sorry, it’s a 1.5 BMC.

If you are lucky and keep bleeding for at east 30 seconds after you think that you have got rod of all the air it might work.

If it does not work then move to the small hexagon bleed screw in the cylindrical part of the injector pump, observe the at last 30 seconds more thing.

Then loosen all the large nuts on the injector unions about one turn. Spin the engine on the starter until fuel drips or spits from each nut. Tighten and it should start. If not repeat.

• Greenie 1