Porta potti 565P

Errwood

Featured Posts

Hi we have had to  change the main seal three times after 2 years, now have had to order the small seal due to leakage. But cannot find how to change it.

All reviews I've read show no issue with this model. We've had years of touring, motor homes etc never had so many issues with the toilet, any suggestions please

Edited by Errwood
Spelling error

I got a new 365 late last year and have already fitted one set of seals that I got supplied under warranty....the dump cap seal failed first...then the lip seal over the slide. Thetford said they hadn't had any issues but they didn't quibble in sending a seal set out so I do wonder...Ive only used Blue and the rinse aid in the unit and like you have had others of the same model for many years...the previous one was at least 5 years old if not more in daily use and the holder for the slide failed. Seals used to last a couple of years at least.

To change the vent seal pull the old one out with a screw driver or similar....then use a tool to keep the new one in position as you slide the sliding part back and forward...it then pops in.

Here's a video which shows it on a 365.....hopefully its much the same on a 565

My 365 is now about 25 years old and all seals are still original. I leave the slide lever out all the time unless i'm going to close it to empty it and don't keep shoving it in and out which must wear the seal quicker. I don't use amy Blue,''nasty stuff'' . The only thing that stopped working is the contents indicator but I'm not bothered about that, I just look down into it. I regularly spray the seals with silicone spray in fact every time after I've emptied it.

It's been my experience that when seals give up on toilets,(both domestic and boat/caravan portables) on re-assembly they either leak or do not seal properly. 

I found it saved hours of pratting about with a toilet that defied all efforts to make it leak proof, to buy a new one.