SR2 fuel pump timing

Englishgent

Featured Posts

My engine smokes so I exchanged my injectors but it seems to smoke more, so I  decided to check the injector pumps timing, I have checked them I.a.w the maintenance manual but am a little confused, both pumps give fuel at exactly the same time which is as no 1 cylinder reaches the compression stroke, is this correct 

16 minutes ago, Englishgent said:

My engine smokes so I exchanged my injectors but it seems to smoke more, so I  decided to check the injector pumps timing, I have checked them I.a.w the maintenance manual but am a little confused, both pumps give fuel at exactly the same time which is as no 1 cylinder reaches the compression stroke, is this correct 

I think that long and short spill is confusing you. I bet you had the delivery valve out of both pumps at the same time. Treat each pump as an individual. Time no 1, replace the delivery valve, and the time no 2.

I think that with No 1 pump element towards the top of its stroke so the helix is just about uncovering the inlet port, No2 element will be at the bottom of its stroke with the inlet port fully open. This will allow fuel to flood up the stop grove and exit the pump via the top of the pump with no delivery valve in place.

I thinK l!!!!!

Wot Tony says for timing.  One pump at a time.

I cannot  certainly remember the firing order for an SR2 but I think it is 2,1,0,0,2,1etc.

If so No 2 pump will appear to inject a half  turn of the crankshaft before No1.

N

Here is a much better way to carry out your spill timing. By using one of these tools it saves having to take the delivery valve out, of having to rig up a gravity feed to the pump. So much cleaner and easier way to do it. I don't know what the cost of the tool would be.

Screenshot_20220906-093650_Adobe Acrobat.jpg