Is the crt practising kettling in Milton Keynes?

Soupdragon

Featured Posts

Travelling through Milan Keynes  I was amazed to see boats moored where they don't normally moor with little or no  space for others!  But wait you come to a large open canal side with a large new blue sign indicating that mooring is restricted for 2 days, during my stay on a mooring further down I noticed not one boat stopped on the mooring for more than a few hours.  This was noted at every pub that these signs appeared at, also at water points the added text notifying users of the waterpoint 1 hour, if the water pressure was increased from the trickle to somewhere near normal this could happen but to fill my tank from empty takes anywhere from 1.5hrs to 3hrs depending on the waterpoint.  I think the designer of this idea  got their education was in chaotic thoughts from noddy's schools for planks of wood.

• Greenie 2

Removed as don't like posting negative comments on fellow boaters.

Will however make the observation that there is real problem with mooring hogging in the south east which makes it difficult for casual visitors.

Edited by reg
  • Greenie 1

57 minutes ago, Soupdragon said:

Removed as don't like posting negative comments on fellow boaters..

In no way am I posting negati⅘ve comments regarding other boaters.  I just posted my observatioms as to these long empty spaces protected by 2 days restrictions.

I think reg edited their post. It wasn’t aimed at you ☺️

• Greenie 1

57 minutes ago, Soupdragon said:

In no way am I posting negati⅘ve comments regarding other boaters.  I just posted my observatioms as to these long empty spaces protected by 2 days restrictions.

I dont think it is a negative comment it is an observation from an outsider to the area. There is a problem in the south east which may be difficult to see from the inside. The more the problem grows the more the potential for negative views to held by 'outsiders' to the area. If passing boaters are treated as 'outsiders' then its possible that potential support from fellow boaters may be lost. If your battling with CRT then why alienate everyone not from the south east as well.

15 minutes ago, Chris John said:

I think reg edited their post. It wasn’t aimed at you ☺️

Correct.

1 hour ago, Soupdragon said:

Yes it’s bonkers.
Theres no need, seems a standard now though to sign all visitor moorings 48hr. 

Seems sensible to overstay if they’re not being used.

Things will be normal again in a couple of months when all moorings (unless stated) return to 14 days. 

And regards water taps, I’ve seen them restricted to 1/2 hr.  And the taps with less pressure than my bladder. 

5 hours ago, Soupdragon said:

Travelling through Milan Keynes  I was amazed to see boats moored where they don't normally moor with little or no  space for others!  But wait you come to a large open canal side with a large new blue sign indicating that mooring is restricted for 2 days, during my stay on a mooring further down I noticed not one boat stopped on the mooring for more than a few hours.  This was noted at every pub that these signs appeared at, also at water points the added text notifying users of the waterpoint 1 hour, if the water pressure was increased from the trickle to somewhere near normal this could happen but to fill my tank from empty takes anywhere from 1.5hrs to 3hrs depending on the waterpoint.  I think the designer of this idea  got their education was in chaotic thoughts from noddy's schools for planks of wood.

Just go down to Three Locks... the best water pressure I've encountered anywhere... could strip your paint with it. 

18 hours ago, blackrose said:

Yes they've taken notes from the Met and have started kettling boats. Next CRT will be coming in with full riot gear and batons bashing overstayers over the head. It's got to the stage where is the only way to enforce CCing rules I'm afraid.

image.png.ce23be6b4f7a02c8fcb4c789df4972e2.png

And that’s the Well Being Stick they’re being beaten with?

Edited by Goliath