Sausages & bacon

nb Innisfree

Featured Posts

2 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

I’m the only one in our house who likes them like that :( wife will happily just warm them over in a pan or microwave, and my daughter will no longer eat them or any other bean since she had her braces.

Warm them up!!! 

Sacrilege 😡

19 minutes ago, Eeyore said:

Surprising how many people forget about the desert 🧈

Beats me why caffs don't include some marmalade. 

15 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

There is one item that should NEVER be put on a English breakfast, quite a few places put them on now though, the poxy American Hash browns nonsense!! Should be a criminal offence. 

+ they crumble when cut. 

1 hour ago, Jon57 said:

Don’t forget the tomatoes with an oxo cube mixed in . Heaven 🤩

👀

1 minute ago, BEngo said:

Best full breakfast should include  sauteed kidneys on just crispy fried bread.  AKA sh!t on a raft.

N

I luuuurv shit on a raft but not many places do it. Shit on a raft for brekky and Babies heads for dinna, what could be better :)

• Greenie 1
  • Happy 1
  • Horror 1

Aldi won some award for sausages 1.99 for six few different recipes  actually very edible, I am now going to do a fried spam sandwich! As I am starving 

1 minute ago, mrsmelly said:

I luuuurv shit on a raft but not many places do it. Shit on a raft for brekky and Babies heads for dinna, what could be better :)

Babies heads mmmm straight out of a ration pack brilliant 

• Happy 1

6 hours ago, BEngo said:

Best full breakfast should include  sauteed kidneys on just crispy fried bread.  AKA sh!t on a raft.

N

6 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

6 hours ago, peterboat said:

Aldi won some award for sausages 1.99 for six few different recipes  actually very edible, I am now going to do a fried spam sandwich! As I am starving 

Babies heads mmmm straight out of a ration pack brilliant 

Wierdos

• Haha 3

Tomatoes have no business being anywhere near a breakfast, unless in the form of Heinz ketchup or the sauce in Heinz baked beans. Should be immediately replaced by some quality black pudding and some sliced mushrooms gently fried in a bit of butter and the bacon fat in the pan 😍

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, BEngo said:

They fry well too, with no tendency to burst even if you are clumsy with the tongs and pierce the skin.

N

Surely you're supposed to prick the skins of sausages before cooking them, else (Northern usage) they will burst?

These days, the only sausages we eat are from Russell's Butchers of Upwell, which is conveniently next door to our house. They have plenty of meat (pork shoulder only, Tom Russell told me) and are sufficiently seasoned to give a balanced flavour.

2 minutes ago, Athy said:

Surely you're supposed to prick the skins of sausages before cooking them, else (Northern usage) they will burst?

These days, the only sausages we eat are from Russell's Butchers of Upwell, which is conveniently next door to our house. They have plenty of meat (pork shoulder only, Tom Russell told me) and are sufficiently seasoned to give a balanced flavour.

Pricking sausages is absolutely verboten -- if they burst they're either too full of water or you're cooking them too fast... 😞

We eat pork and herb sausages from our local butcher which have a good meaty flavour and texture, haven't found anything better -- a lot of the posh sausages are over-minced and have too little fat in them, end result is a soft texture and not juicy when cooked. Too much lean meat (trying to be "healthy"?) doesn't work, sausages *need* some fat in them, as we've found out when making our own -- SWMBOs Xmas present one year was a Weschenfelder sausage machine... 😉

• Greenie 1

It’s a very personal subject, who likes what make etc. Weirdly (in our opinion) we have Irish friends who dream of English sausages when there are a large variety of fabulous locally made sausages here. The local butchers shop here makes all their own, and smokes their own poitrine fumée, which is really good, and as it is sold from a block of belly pork, you can choose the thickness of the slices. 

51 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Tomatoes have no business being anywhere near a breakfast, unless in the form of Heinz ketchup or the sauce in Heinz baked beans. Should be immediately replaced by some quality black pudding and some sliced mushrooms gently fried in a bit of butter and the bacon fat in the pan 😍

I love tinned tomatoes on a fry up.

• Greenie 1
  • Sad 1