Propshaft help please?

Featured Posts

Just goes to show that even experienced boaters, with a history of commissioning several new builds can run in to problems. I believe they were trying to get to a banter with some American boaters when this embarrassing incident happened. Remember that the building of this sort of boat is a craft activity and it is likely the builders will only build one or two of each type. Some problems are to be expected.

A word of advice though. Most boaters think wearing captains hats on board is a bit naff. Just thought you should know.

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies
  • Haha 1

Every so often somebody on the forum asks for help repacking the stern tube and they get sensible answers (usually) maybe they didn’t like the answer last time. 
As a deck officer I never got involved in such matters but none of the ships I was on broke down for such a basic problem as having a little man who’s job it was to turn a greaser every morning.

I do recall a chief engineer remarking when everything stopped during the evening meal and the captain told him tto go and sort his engineers out saying” Engineers I wouldn’t trust them with a clockwork mouse” dint inspire confidence.

• Greenie 2
  • Haha 1