Help Fitting fuel locking system

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, rusty69 said:

My doctor prescribed it for my narcissism.

Oh another one with a personality disorder! I have one too. MY doctor says I have paranoia, so there.

Well ok, he didn't actually SAY I have it, but I could see that's what he was thinking....

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, MtB said:

Oh another one with a personality disorder! I have one too. MY doctor says I have paranoia, so there.

Well ok, he didn't actually SAY I have it, but I could see that's what he was thinking....

I have multiple.

4 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Start wearing that rubber suit again and you'll get all the attention you want.

O' how I remember those days ...........................................

Remember how you slithered up the back of my boat like a drunken seal !

Miss Whiplash.jpg

Its been a long time since she first appeared.  I wonder if she can still fit in that suit?  Oh Damn! I've made an unhelpful comment...

Edited by system 4-50
unsteady hand

3 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Its been a long time since she first appeared.  I wonder if she can still fit in that suit?  Oh Damn! I've made an unhelpful comment...

She has dyed her hair but still looks pretty good - getting on a bit know you know, changed the rubber gear for leather, thats not done any harm !

Damm - not helpful is it .....................

Biker.jpg

1 hour ago, Spudwynk said:

Yep we're in that space right now

Sorry you had to admit defeat on it.

If it's any help, a boatyard would fit it for you and seal the space around the new locking cap.

However, it's good to put the risk in perspective. When I spoke to a well known hire base in Stoke on Trent, a mechanic told me they had never had fuel siphoned from one of their boats as far back as he could remember.

I'm just future-proofing my boat for the time people reflect on the "good days" when diesel was £2 a litre...

4 hours ago, phantom_iv said:

I looked at one of these then decided that stolen diesel would be less costly than the inevitable leaks of water into the tank from failure to seal it properly.

I fitted one to my boat about 8 years ago. Removed the brass filler, bedded the stainless steel fitting and the brass filler onto Sikaflex. No leaks or stolen fuel to date.

42 minutes ago, cuthound said:

I fitted one to my boat about 8 years ago. Removed the brass filler, bedded the stainless steel fitting and the brass filler onto Sikaflex. No leaks or stolen fuel to date.

I had a friend make me a similar one that I fitted after loosing a tank full about 18 years ago. like you bedded on under the filler and so far no leaks 

42 minutes ago, Loddon said:

A very simple way to lock a cap is to drill and tap a partial hole in the thread at 90deg and fit a security grub screw. Difficult to remove without the correct tool.

I agree, but not very easy on a flush deck fitting which I suspect the OP has.

1 hour ago, Tony Brooks said:

I agree, but not very easy on a flush deck fitting which I suspect the OP has.

It's as simple, just drill vertically down through the threads being careful not to go all the way through to drop swarf into the tank.

• 4 weeks later...