Lucas Francis Lamp

Liam

Featured Posts

I've been asked to help find a new home for a Lucas Francis Lamp. The owner knows there's a certain amount of value of said lamp, but doesn't really know what to ask as a fair price. Some pictures are attached and any suggestions or feedback most welcome.

The item comes with a mounting bracket and storage bag as shown and the lamp has some slight damage in the form of a hair line crack also shown in the pictures.20220824_160226.jpg.5fd08ed9821c93f3e7c1f6fad3f30a60.jpg

Cheers :)

20220824_160022.jpg

20220824_160152.jpg

20220824_160033.jpg

20220824_160247.jpg

20220824_160616.jpg

I suggest posting the diameter and height would assist in understanding its size.

If overly sized they can look silly on the front of a n.b.

Likewise geographical location as at today's fuel prices having to travel the length of the country can be a bit of a double smack in the teeth.

7 minutes ago, zenataomm said:

Likewise geographical location as at today's fuel prices having to travel the length of the country can be a bit of a double smack in the teeth.

Not if you have an EV and can refuel for free 🤔

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, zenataomm said:

I suggest posting the diameter and height would assist in understanding its size.

If overly sized they can look silly on the front of a n.b.

It’s an F11, ie 11” diameter, we have same on our boat. Quite big but not silly (IMO)!

Anyway, we bought an immaculately restored one for about £800 about 8 years ago. Beautifully polished up, new internal mirror and bulb fittings etc. A lot of work! I would say one in that condition maybe 1/2 price ie around £400. But of course like everything, it is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

I’ll also mention that the focus knob (which moves the bulb fore and aft) is good, you can focus it into a beam for night cruising, or de-focus it for tunnels such there is a ring of light but dark straight ahead so as not to dazzle oncomers..

4 hours ago, nicknorman said:

Anyway, we bought an immaculately restored one for about £800 about 8 years ago. Beautifully polished up, new internal mirror and bulb fittings etc. A lot of work! I would say one in that condition maybe 1/2 price ie around £400. But of course like everything, it is only worth what someone is prepared to pay for it.

I’ll also mention that the focus knob (which moves the bulb fore and aft) is good, you can focus it into a beam for night cruising, or de-focus it for tunnels such there is a ring of light but dark straight ahead so as not to dazzle oncomers..

Has anybody thought of Turbinlite mounted in the nose of a plane as used in WW2 to illuminate enemy aircraft? They had battery problems too!

It would be good in a tunnel

Thanks for the comments. As @nicknormansays it is an F11. Going off his comments and the ebay link given earlier on a fair price seems to be £400 for starters, so if anyone is interested get in touch.

The item is preferably collection only from either Leigh or Preston Brook, but could possibly ship for cost wherever.

Cheers again

Liam