Caprice 2020 Oven Burner Assembly??

Featured Posts

I have a Spinflo/Thetford Caprice 2020 LPG Cooker, where the oven flame started burning yellow, suggesting an air issue.

Watched a Youtube video which showed that it should be fairly easy to remove the burner assembly, (and it was), blow through it, replace it, and it might solve the problem.

However, on refitting the burner assembly, (one screw), something looks wrong. There is a gap between the inlet on the assembly, and the brass looking gas jet. Unfortunately, I dropped the bollock of not taking a picture before removing the assembly, so dont know if this is how it should be.

1610787779_OvenBurnerAssembly.jpg.467198256397db564b15e246d88023d9.jpg

There doesnt seem to be a way of moving the burner to get the jet into it's inlet as there is only one screw and one hole for it, and everything seems to be in the right place. I dont think the gas can accurately jump the gap between jet and inlet, so wonder if something has fallen off.

I cant find any images on the web that show how it should be and, where I can find images of the same parts on different cooker, the gas jet is actually inside the burner assembly.

Any ideas/suggestions welcomed.

There is no need for the jet to be inside the flared venturi of the burner. The gas stream pulls air in to the burner, hence there has to be a gap.

Having said that the gap on my Spinflo is about half that on yours but it is a different model.

If there is no other way of fitting the burner and you have not moved the jet assembly or bent something I would reckon it is correct.

Light it and see, if it burns properly with a blue flame and will stay lit when the stat reduces the flame to a minimum I would say its OK.

• Greenie 2

4 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

If there is no other way of fitting the burner and you have not moved the jet assembly or bent something I would reckon it is correct.

Light it and see, if it burns properly with a blue flame and will stay lit when the stat reduces the flame to a minimum I would say its OK.

Bit the bullet, lit it, and all good. Nice blue flame and stays lit when flame reduced.

779656096_BlueFlame.jpg.660003be5e38f416172d7626d7ff0f14.jpg

Many Thanks!

• Greenie 1