Morrisons laundrette

LadyG

Featured Posts

One at the Warwick store too.  Others listed in the Aylesbury Canal Society launderette list.  Available from IWA Sales.

Beware. They won't spin if the load is off balance and in due course you get sopping wet laundry back.

N

5 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

As it was around the corner from one of the exits,are you sure it wasn't just a launderette you were in. 

Nothing to do with Morrisons. 😂

<This post contains no bullying. Not even a hint of it>

Lol, no, it's three appliances fixed to the Morrisons wall in a sort of  bus shelter, but no bus stop  😁

Edited by LadyG
  • Haha 1

We have seen a few of these scattered around on our travels in the van at service stations and various other places.

A good idea for those that live and work on the move.

There are loads picked up on the apps Search for Sites and Park 4 Night.

One drawback with the Morrisons ones is that there is no flat surface to put washing on in between the  washer and the dryer, or to sort stuff after drying. 

The large capacity is an advantage, and the detergent is included, so need to have your own.

N

6 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Laundrette at Gnosall 

image.png.a9254b1b7b9388dded4e8618bc4e2c9c.png

Been there for a while now.  We used it last year.  Friendly owner.  Clean.

Amazing show at the garage opposite  when we were there.   Two chaps were painting the roof, working along the ridge with a long handled sprayer.    Access was via  an unsecured wooden  ladder, stood  on top of the sloping lean-to roof at the  side.  No one footing the ladder, no fall arrest gear etc.  They survived.

N

On 20/08/2022 at 10:44, BEngo said:

One drawback with the Morrisons ones is that there is no flat surface to put washing on in between the  washer and the dryer, or to sort stuff after drying. 

The large capacity is an advantage, and the detergent is included, so need to have your own.

N

I found a shopping trolley worked better than any laundry basket. I prefer to use my own stuff particularly for white sheets and towels, so they are not perfect, but I did overload the machine to save a fiver!

Edited by LadyG