Has anyone seen Yimdee

Monte-d

Featured Posts

7 hours ago, Goliath said:

I wouldn’t loose sleep over it. 
OP ain’t been back on here, so I guess all is well. 

I agree. The boat is not stolen, and the OP already has the evidence he wants that the engine hours have been put on, from looking at the dial on control panel.

I'm really not sure why he posted.

My own thoughts. Op has returned to his beautiful boat after a great deal of time. Noticed the engine hours have been added to. So, is asking if anyone has seen his beautiful boat out and about during his time of absence. He suspects someone has borrowed his boat for a jolly or two.

• Greenie 2

5 minutes ago, Nightwatch said:

My own thoughts. Op has returned to his beautiful boat after a great deal of time. Noticed the engine hours have been added to. So, is asking if anyone has seen his beautiful boat out and about during his time of absence. He suspects someone has borrowed his boat for a jolly or two.

That is how I read it as well.  However, it doesn't explain why the OP hasn't been back to check on replies or explain they have found out what happened.

4 minutes ago, Jerra said:

That is how I read it as well.  However, it doesn't explain why the OP hasn't been back to check on replies or explain they have found out what happened.

Too embarrassing? I'd go with the theory, apologies, can't remember who advanced it, that some one forgot to turn the ignition off after giving the engine a run for an hour or so. Come back a week later and the hour meter has 168 more hours on, but only one of them was real. Oops.

Edited by Jen-in-Wellies

32 minutes ago, Jerra said:

True. Perhaps he’s cruising on his beautiful boat.

1 hour ago, Tam & Di said:

There's always the possibility that the OP is not in a position to come back on-line, but unfortunately it does seem all too often that explanations or thank yous just don't enter their mind.

Tam

It is curious though, that the OP was bothered enough to join up and ask the question, but not bothered enough to come back and clarify the confusion about what he is actually asking.

16 hours ago, MtB said:

It is curious though, that the OP was bothered enough to join up and ask the question, but not bothered enough to come back and clarify the confusion about what he is actually asking.

If the OP is from another country,  and rejoined his boat after an extended absence, he may well not yet re established viable internet whilst "on the go"

His/her previous UK mobile connection may well have lapsed, and in any case, for the first few days, it may well be a priority to retain their home country mobile service via generally  expensive roaming. 

It certainly often took us a few days to establish UK mobile connections each visit. At one stage three phones were used, one with NZ sim, one with UK calling Sim and a third, for a UK data only sim to hotspot the computer and tablet. Dual sim phones simplified things a little. 

I spoke to the OP today in passing at Kings Bromley Wharf so only a few words, he still doesn't know where the boat has been and at some point he though he bought a new gearbox, but it might just have been a paint job. As he is cruising maybe he is not online.

1 minute ago, ditchcrawler said:

I spoke to the OP today in passing at Kings Bromley Wharf so only a few words, he still doesn't know where the boat has been and at some point he though he bought a new gearbox, but it might just have been a paint job. As he is cruising maybe he is not online.

Surely he'd remember buying a new gearbox? It would have cost more than a can of paint.

37 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

That just makes it all the more of a puzzle! 😆

57 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I got the impression he paid for a new one. You know what its like to have a conversation as you pass each other

I do indeed. Got shouted at by a bloke near Chester once. Him (as I worked it out afterwards): "The next lock's shut!". Me: "Just after three o'clock."

• Happy 1