Has anyone seen Yimdee

Monte-d

Featured Posts

Hi,

Has anyone seen my boat "Yimdee" out and about during the last 2 years.  Does anyone have a photo of her?  I have been unable to use her over covid, and have reason to believe that she has been used extensively without my permission, with hundreds of engine hours clocked up.  She has been moored at Penkridge but I believe she may have been moved elsewhere during this period.

I would be grateful for any information or photos you may have of her.  She is a beautiful 47ft cruiser stern in blue with cream trim and a grey roof, built by Bourne Boats in 2018.  "Yim dee" means "lovely smile" in Thai language.

Thanks for any help you can give

Monte-d

IMG_20220710_173348i.jpg

IMG_20220714_172334i.jpg

IMG_20220812_153810i.jpg

IMG_20220812_153838i.jpg

6 minutes ago, haggis said:

Yes, it is a bit lacking in detail. OK there has been Covid but has he not visited the boat for two years?  Smart looking boat to be left unattended on the towpath for that length of time

It looks like the first picture is in a marina, and the towpath pictures are just to show what she looks like in better detail. 

Theres a fair few people in N_Z and Australia who havent been able to get back, two boats by us have had owners only just get to them after two years. It suggests that there is a Thai connection with the name as well, so that seems quite likely perhaps? 

6 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

It looks like the first picture is in a marina, and the towpath pictures are just to show what she looks like in better detail. 

Theres a fair few people in N_Z and Australia who havent been able to get back, two boats by us have had owners only just get to them after two years. It suggests that there is a Thai connection with the name as well, so that seems quite likely perhaps? 

Yes, that's a possibility and it might have made boaters more likely to respond if he had said that in the first post . I wondered if it had been left in a marina but thought that if it had been, the marina would be able to tell him if the boat had been used. 

A bit more info might help him get answers 

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

A strange 1st post and somewhat devoid of detail.

It almost sounds like a previous case of a 'disputed ownership' and the 'injured party' wanted 'his boat' found.

That's exactly what it looks like to me too.

If the OP knows where their boat is, I don't see why they want sightings given they KNOW the engine hours have been put on.

Yet if they don't know where their boat is, they are being awfully coy about actually saying so. If my boat vanished I'd be saying so clear as day, all over my post! So I asked for clarification. 

47 minutes ago, MtB said:

That's exactly what it looks like to me too.

If the OP knows where their boat is, I don't see why they want sightings given they KNOW the engine hours have been put on.

Yet if they don't know where their boat is, they are being awfully coy about actually saying so. If my boat vanished I'd be saying so clear as day, all over my post! So I asked for clarification. 

It seems pretty clear to me I must say. The owner has returned, having been unable to visit for two years. Their boat is where they left it but it appears to have clocked up a lot of hours in the past two years. Therefore any sightings especially pictures to prove this is what they are after?

One would hope that the marina or a nearby boat would have spotted different people on board if that were the case. It seems not hence the question of us. It could be not in a marina, but the ask is the same which is probably why its not mentioned? 

• Greenie 1

12 minutes ago, Stroudwater1 said:

It seems pretty clear to me I must say. The owner has returned, having been unable to visit for two years. Their boat is where they left it but it appears to have clocked up a lot of hours in the past two years. Therefore any sightings especially pictures to prove this is what they are after?

One would hope that the marina or a nearby boat would have spotted different people on board if that were the case. It seems not hence the question of us. It could be not in a marina, but the ask is the same which is probably why its not mentioned? 

So who has sets of keys?

35 minutes ago, merline said:

None of you noticing a pattern here? New member, contentious post with scant detail, no replies from op.....🤔

To be fair the post was only 3 hours ago and so far all the replies have been speculation about the OP's motives. I'm not sure I'd be replying just yet if my first post had received such a hostile response.

• Greenie 3

45 minutes ago, George and Dragon said:

To be fair the post was only 3 hours ago and so far all the replies have been speculation about the OP's motives. I'm not sure I'd be replying just yet if my first post had received such a hostile response.

I tried to help suggesting CRT sightings

• Greenie 1

Depends on what type of hour meter it is, but if a marina has been checking it all works now and again and inadvertently left the ignition on for a while the counter may have counted a few hundred hours before they realized. As respondents point, a bit light on detail.

The best thing as suggested above is to a ask CRT for a log of their sightings. It doesn't cost anything and they are used to such requests.

I don't think any of the comments have been hostile - one is naturally interested in the story behind the post.

It would be good to know if the boat is back where you left it, or whether we are still keeping our eyes open for it elsewhere.