Where to purchase Ash faced ply or mdf?

Featured Posts

Morning all. As the title suggests. "Where can i buy Ash single faced ply or mdf?"  In varying ticknesses, such as 4mm, right up to 18mm. Sounds a dumb assed question..........But not having much luck with surfing the net today. Thanks in advance.

David.

15 minutes ago, David john Smith said:

Morning all. As the title suggests. "Where can i buy Ash single faced ply or mdf?"  In varying ticknesses, such as 4mm, right up to 18mm. Sounds a dumb assed question..........But not having much luck with surfing the net today. Thanks in advance.

David.

Blimey. That was quick. Thanks very much. I will try them. Sorry I don't see your name anywhere. Dave

10 minutes ago, Tracy D'arth said:

MDF has no place on a boat, not even in the fire. 

Depends on the boat, if the boat is a damp hovel then no. If the boat is  dry and well insulated then it's fine.

Not a sensible thing to burn MDF and don't cut it inside the boat without full PPE.

1 hour ago, Neil TNC said:

http://www.fortimber.co.uk/

Richard Potter, in Nantwich, but will deliver. 

Good quality, old school timber yard.

but the core of the oak-faced ply I bought from them was like blotting paper.  They sell various grades of stuff & though they may be a quaint old company, you still have to be careful that you ask for the quality you need.  They are quaint, they still write out the orders on a notepad.  I think they have stopped using £sd though.

48 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Depends on the boat, if the boat is a damp hovel then no. If the boat is  dry and well insulated then it's fine.

Not a sensible thing to burn MDF and don't cut it inside the boat without full PPE.

I have MDF on the ceiling and I would say its far more stable than ply id it gets damp or more especially wet. But only if you use the right stuff

• Greenie 1

2 hours ago, Feeby100 said:

As long as it don’t get wet it’s ok

Water resistant MDF doesn't have problems getting wet unless immersed for a long time 

Also available with a veneered finish to one side.

https://www.slhardwoods.co.uk/products/sheet-material/veneered-moisture-resistant-mr-mdf

• Greenie 1