Thetford uk

Muddy Waters

Featured Posts

18 minutes ago, alan_fincher said:

I politely suggest that it is minimally more effort for you to Google it than to put a post on here.  You would have got the answer quicker too! 🙂

0808 168 0054

How did you find that number?

I've just Googled for several minutes in a variety of ways and concluded that Thetford definitely don't want anyone to phone them.

6 minutes ago, Richard10002 said:

How did you find that number?

I've just Googled for several minutes in a variety of ways and concluded that Thetford definitely don't want anyone to phone them.

On their website, I followed a "contact us" link.  Admittedly it was at the bottom of a very long page!

I agree though that they don't seem keen to be phoned directly.

EDIT: OK, Alan has come up with a different number, so who knows which works better....

Edited by alan_fincher

Thetford do not want you to contact them. I found that outwhen I tried a couple of years ago to get some bits for a thetford bog I had.

What comes up if I put those details in is this. I think you have to contact one of their sellers. Even the two first posters in this thread have given different numbers.

thetford.jpg

• Greenie 1

19 minutes ago, pete.i said:

Thetford do not want you to contact them. I found that outwhen I tried a couple of years ago to get some bits for a thetford bog I had.

But, like many companies that deal with 'trade' they do not want to (or will not sell) to the public, too much hassle and cost raising an order, sending someone into the stores to pick it, wrapping, shipping and raisng the invoice when exactly the same labour cost could sell a pallet (or more).

We introduced a similar policy and eventually got rid off 1000s of small customers and referred them to our distributors - our profits went up overnight.

Have you tried to order a new car directly from Ford ?

I had exactly the same problem when the lip seal failed on my new Qube. I had bought the toilet from a camping store and they were not particularly forthcoming and even said they could not get the part number from Thetford, blaming Covid or Brexit or some such. I finally got through to Thetford who did at least give me the part number but I still had to go back to the retailer. 

It failed again this yearand I visited a chandlery who had 2 similar in stock. He looked up the parts on the Midland Chandlers site to check which was required and was a bit put out that his part was priced at £8-99 on the sticker when the M.C price was £16.71. I did point out that he now had money for the bit of rubber that had sat on his shelf for several years, which softened him a little.

Edited by Ex Brummie

15 hours ago, pearley said:

I have written in my address book for Thetford 

01709 766750

0844 997 1960

But for spares they referred me to Leisure Spares who were very helpful even sending me a parts diagram.

01423 320009

01709 is the dialling code for Rotherham. Which doesn't mean very much but might indicate a location.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Rotherham is the UK office for Thetford

Curious. I always thought they were in Thetford. Silly me.

Thetford seems like a right dump through of a place though. I drove through it twice, when I went to Cromer to buy an engine. 

10 hours ago, MtB said:

Curious. I always thought they were in Thetford. Silly me.

Thetford seems like a right dump through of a place though. I drove through it twice, when I went to Cromer to buy an engine. 

Only been once. Hair raising bus ride from Brandon. Seemed a nice town to me. Has a museum of Burrell steam traction engines and a lot of Dads Army was filmed there.

2 minutes ago, pearley said:

Only been once. Hair raising bus ride from Brandon. Seemed a nice town to me. Has a museum of Burrell steam traction engines and a lot of Dads Army was filmed there.

I'm prolly being unfair then. Checking the map I would have gained my impression of that part of the world just from driving along the A11 bypass. I didn't actually drive through the town centre.