Yorkshire TV very soon.

Nightwatch

Featured Posts

Yes.

Today program Saturday morning.

Parry was the other voice saying "We have to preserve the fish stocks" and "walkers on the towpath will still see water in the canal".

Bu99er all about boating.

I can't help feeling that Ian Clarke should have ripped into him.

Making life better by water? My Arse!

13 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Heads Up. There’s a report due on Yorkshire BBC after 1830. Seems Pennine Cruisers interviewed. Ian Clarke, the owner, was on Today programme the other morning. This may be the next stage.

i think i've missed something... next stage of what?

38 minutes ago, robtheplod said:

i think i've missed something... next stage of what?

The closure of the canals to boats, and the focus on walkers, cyclists and fisher-folk and towpath maintenance.

No doubt you will have noticed in the DEFRA KPIs for C&RT there are requirements to maintain towpaths and increase 'traffic' but there are no such requirements for the actual 'navigation'.

These are the KPI's which C&RT must report to DEFRA to maintain the grant :

Screenshot (1221).png

• Greenie 1

The old chestnut about setting up a national water grid using canals as part of a scheme to transfer water from the north to the south may be the excuse that CRT may be looking for to let them concentrate all the available resources to build on the existing waterway network and possibly add additional feeder waterways. This could be at the expense of maintaining a navigable network as opposed to the need for a  national water grid and forget all about boaters and boaters needs.  Certainly ther prospect of frequent summer closures because of water shortages won't help the cause of recreational boaters' needs! 

Howard

We were a major supplier to the UK mining Industry and had built a new factory, and, before fitting it out decide to have a 'party' for all the NCB electrical engineers from all of the pits - our 'star turn' was Bernard Manning - whom I found to be an obnoxious character, but, he went down well with the customers.

His TV appearances were very different to his live perfomances.

On 09/08/2022 at 18:25, Nightwatch said:

Heads Up. There’s a report due on Yorkshire BBC after 1830. Seems Pennine Cruisers interviewed. Ian Clarke, the owner, was on Today programme the other morning. This may be the next stage.

Have you a link for this as can't find it on catch up.

Sadly I don’t. It was disapointing really. Ian said his bit then a CRT bloke then said the system is 250 years old and needs a lot of work to keep it in tip top condition. Etc.

It was on Look North I think the programme is called. Only about 2 mins long.

1 hour ago, Nightwatch said:

Sadly I don’t. It was disapointing really. Ian said his bit then a CRT bloke then said the system is 250 years old and needs a lot of work to keep it in tip top condition. Etc.

It was on Look North I think the programme is called. Only about 2 mins long.

It always seems to me, when this is said, that that fact has come as a surprise to CRT, that they hadn't realised how old it all was when they took it on.