Kier replaced by Kier

Featured Posts

53 minutes ago, Allan(nb Albert) said:

Lots of the usual fluff and exaggeration (10 million a fortnight is a made up figure extrapolated from a very small sample )  as expected from the worst canal charity in the country.

I wonder if these happy contractors know that according to C&RT they have no money?

13 minutes ago, Cheshire cat said:

Presumably they are attempting to bring in an element of competition between the two.

What, with only one wheelbarrow?

There is humour in this post. No rudeness, racial discrimination or offence for the sensitive.

• Haha 1

As this is CRT waters the engineering marvels are limited to their control. There are others such as in Scotland

But what of Wigan Flight on the Leeds & Liverpool and Burnley Embankment

There is also the less obvious Sheepwash Embankment on the BCN main line

The lock flights on the Worcester & Birmingham descending from Tardebigge

The list could be quite long

As to Little Venice that is a modern term perhaps the original name of the canal would be better

And for the pedants Little or otherwise- the principal Venice, or Venezia, is in Italy, a fascinating and heritage laden place, but not really CRT waters. although greater Birmingham does have more miles of canal than Venice, so they say!

I don’t see what the problem is, we all voted for these ten new marvels, didn’t we?

”As part of those celebrations, boaters and canal enthusiasts voted for ten new Marvels of the Modern Waterways”

It must have been the week i was down with covid

• Haha 1

I voted for peterboat's 5kW all electric masterpiece, constructed one Sunday afternoon for less than the price of a pint of Weatherspoons' out of date beer, I think peter said.

Sadly it never made it onto the list of top ten. Must have been number 11. You lot should be ashamed of yourselves for failing to vote for Peter! 

• Love 1

• 3 weeks later...