Vee fender.

Callum4878

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Callum4878 said:

Hi, looking to buy a Manila rope vee fender and looking for recommendations please. There’s a few on line, and blackpigfenders one looks the part to my inexperienced eyes but is quite expensive.

thanks,

Keith.

That looks about standard price these days.  Where in the country are you as someone may know a local fender maker?

1 hour ago, Callum4878 said:

Hi, looking to buy a Manila rope vee fender and looking for recommendations please. There’s a few on line, and blackpigfenders one looks the part to my inexperienced eyes but is quite expensive.

thanks,

Keith.

I looked at one the other day, quite small, and over £135.

12 hours ago, MtB said:

WHAT an evasive site! 

I can't work out who they are, where they are or who to sue if they fail to deliver.

Well I found their details quite easily. They are Husband and wife, Andy and Katrina, who live on a boat at Trent Lock on the river Trent  in Long Eaton.  Apart from the absence of a surname, they provide the same amount of contact detail and information as this website does:-  https://www.miketheboilerman.com/

Edited by David Schweizer

On 09/08/2022 at 09:28, David Schweizer said:

Well I found their details quite easily. They are Husband and wife, Andy and Katrina, who live on a boat at Trent Lock on the river Trent  in Long Eaton.  Apart from the absence of a surname, they provide the same amount of contact detail and information as this website does:-  https://www.miketheboilerman.com/

You can run, but you can't hide...! :detective: :D

11 minutes ago, Callum4878 said:

Does that mean they float? That’s a blessing at least.

The 'cheap' rope commonly used is Polypropylene and this floats.

Quality rope is usually Nylon and it sinks (Nylon should be used for anchor warps, towing and mooring lines)

Size-for-size Polypropylene ropes are stronger than natural fibres but are not as strong as Nylon or Polyester ropes.

On 09/08/2022 at 09:28, David Schweizer said:

@MtB got burned 🔥