refresh control panel

aristorias

Featured Posts

I have a 2009 Isuzu control panel, the one with the red plastic circles over the warning lights. Someone said that you can obtain the red plastic inserts to replace the existing ones which are worn or broken. The lights work and it is only the tops which are damaged.

Does anybody know where I can find the inserts? This would be a much better option than replacing the light's themselves as they are about £28 quid each!

Thanks for your help

Ian

1 hour ago, BEngo said:

Is that the one that comes on when the brushes are knackered? 🙂

N

Not exactly. Assuming the common 9 diode alternator. It will come on when the current from the field diodes are delivering less voltage  than battery voltage with a difference that is large enough to illuminate the lamp.That might be caused by brushes making poor contact or a number of other things. If the brushed made no contact at all the pre start up  warning lamp circuit would be broken so the lamp would not come on.

On a six diode machine the lamp may well not come on with worn brushes once running but provided there was sufficient  charging voltage to be detected by the electronics the lamp would go out but that may not mean you have proper charging taking place. It would come on with worn brushes on a stationary engine.

Charge lights are normally red and occasionally orange. Once a few owners have been at them the colour is anyone's guess.

• Greenie 1

22 minutes ago, Tony Brooks said:

Not exactly. Assuming the common 9 diode alternator. It will come on when the current from the field diodes are delivering less voltage  than battery voltage with a difference that is large enough to illuminate the lamp.That might be caused by brushes making poor contact or a number of other things. If the brushed made no contact at all the pre start up  warning lamp circuit would be broken so the lamp would not come on.

On a six diode machine the lamp may well not come on with worn brushes once running but provided there was sufficient  charging voltage to be detected by the electronics the lamp would go out but that may not mean you have proper charging taking place. It would come on with worn brushes on a stationary engine.

Charge lights are normally red and occasionally orange. Once a few owners have been at them the colour is anyone's guess.

A brilliant answer ignoring the sarcastic post, well done. Its the moon that wanes.

4 hours ago, Tracy D'arth said:

A brilliant answer ignoring the sarcastic post, well done. Its the moon that wanes.

I could not understand why he had asked that but thought he may have an electrical blind spot. I have just looked on my large screen desk top computer and can see what he was on about. Dammed cataracts.

1 minute ago, Tony Brooks said:

I could not understand why he had asked that but thought he may have an electrical blind spot. I have just looked on my large screen desk top computer and can see what he was on about. Dammed cataracts.

You have cataracts on a canal? Wow! Thought you were a bit rapid.

Thanks to everyone who replied.  I have found some clear film intended for car taillights repair  in red and amber and intend to try that. The logos are actually printed underneath the coloured bit so should show through after I insert the film.

Might not work but worth a try!

You can buy small (14ml) pots of transparent coloured paint (by Humbrol, Revell, Tamiya for example) from shops that sell plastic model kits. I use them for reviving the colours of my vintage christmas tree lights, as well as colouring plain glass bulbs .  They adhere well to glass and plastics.

Edited by Ronaldo47
typos